1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

how to increase my baby's weight

Discussion in 'Infants' started by rose3d, Jul 19, 2011.

1. rose3d

rose3d New IL'ite

Hi,

My child is 3 months old and his weight is 5kg. He was 2.7 during birth time. I feed him 10 times in a day. Breast milk is not enough, so i give him bottle milk 2 times in a day, still he is very thin. His body is always hot. Is it because of his heat body. Please suggest me why he is very thin and how to increase his weight.

-
    rose3d

2. cool09

cool09 Senior IL'ite

ideally they should double by 6 mo and triple by 1 yr..so i think your son is doing good..just keep track of his curve and make sure they are always on the increasing side! good luck with parenting!

3. solitarygal

solitarygal New IL'ite

Hi rose,

Happy Motherhood...!! Feed him whenever he wants, even if its half an hour after the previous feeding... If his body is very hot, the reasons may be either you/people are holding him for long time, or due to the weather...If possible, have air-conditioner, and try to put him down and let him be by his own without carrying him all the time... Wear very thin cotton dress and if he has dense hair, slightly cut it off without waiting for one year completion...because his health is more important.
    I guess, once he completes 5-6 months, u can start giving him semi-solid foods like boiled and mashed peeled apples, vegetables, rice (all boiled and mashed) etc...By that way, he can put on weight... Take care..:)