1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

need advice - baby feed

Discussion in 'Infants' started by nebpharm, Jul 17, 2011.

1. nebpharm

nebpharm Bronze IL'ite

hi friends ,
    my baby is almost 3 months old. so far i m breastfeeding him n want to continue but i hav to join my job again after 15-20 days.i m living with mom. the problem is when i tried to feed him with milk with bottle or spoon he spited it out after some time , rather vomit. i tried both infant formula and normal milk. when he was newly born as i was unable to feed him , he took lactogen without any problem for 3 days. then i tried after 1 month , he drank but vomited after some time. after that i hav tried for 3-4 times but the result is same with every kind of milk.
    I m in stress as i cant leave the job n he will hav to be without me for atleast 5-6 hrs.

plss help.

2. sowraj

sowraj Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

Can you check with doc/pead what can be done? if there are other options that you can give your 3 mo old.. as he is only 3 month old you can give anything to LO... try other brands of formula...

3. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

I can think of below options. try and see if any work out.

1. Get a breast pump and pump milk and give it to him in bottle may be he will take it as the taste is not different.

2.Sometimes babies don't take bottle feed when mother is around. Spend half day away from home but nearby and ask your mother to feed formula to her.

3. Shift near to office and come home in t-Breaks,lunch etc to feed him.

4. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Start with few ounces everyday, especially when they are hungry and have ur mom do it.. If ur baby senses you, it might not take the bottle... Also their tongue reflex is not developed, so don't feed the baby with spoon yet, they don't know how to swallow..

Don't get stressed,your baby will adapt, theyaregreat at that!, good luck!

5. DevikaS

DevikaS Senior IL'ite

dont give baby normal milk .. it is too hard on the stomach.. if you cannot breastfeed / pump milk then offer formula..