1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Need a home remedy to reduce loose motions ..?

Discussion in 'Infants' started by radhi4ru, Jul 2, 2011.

1. radhi4ru

radhi4ru Senior IL'ite

Dear IL's:bonk,

My 9 month baby boy has been suffering from loose motions from last 20 days.After using medicines many days ,it was controlled.He was vaccinated (MEASLES AND IPV) 3 days before.From the next day morning ,the same problem raised along with fever. But the frequency of bowel movements were reduced.Again a bunch of medicines were given .He was not at all eating solid foods.Not showing any interest to take any type of food except milk.I'm very much worried about his health.His weight has been reduced these days. he beame very weak.Should anyone suggest me what type of diet to be given to my baby to improve his health?.Also suggest me any home remedy to control bowel movements first to avoid sickness...Reply soon please..:|

2. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

Radhi, Did you check with the doctor about this?I would say first take a doc's opinion.

These are general home remedies for loose motion that I know.This is me and I am not a doctor.

Give Rice kanji water.
    Stop milk.
    Give Nestum.
    Give bland food like Idli,Rice with water(smashed kanji type).

3. jjeyaramya

jjeyaramya New IL'ite

what ever you give.give in very small quantity like one tea spoon for every 15 mins.

4. mankan

mankan Gold IL'ite

images.jpg give him apple juice immediately, its very good in loose motions, i have tried myself for my babies.
    and if u have shahi jeera or kali jeeri [both r same] used in pulao...soak it in water for an hr and and give him this water
    3 times a day.its stops loose motions immediately.this can be given to elders also but they can as raw with water 3 times a day.its the most effective remedy i have evr seen in my life,specially if loose motions r because of hot weather.i am attaching picture of shahi jeera.

5. radhi4ru

radhi4ru Senior IL'ite

Thanks for ur valuable replies..i'll try them .Though the fever n bowel movements were somewhat controlled,he was not that much energetic ,as he was before.Can anyone suggest me the healthy food for my baby to put on weight?

6. omnam

omnam Platinum IL'ite

I give lemon tea without milk that is add few drops of lemon juice in black tea and give some 3-4spoons. It will subsidies for sure.

7. Brinda1

Brinda1 Bronze IL'ite

What exactly do you mean by loosemotions? Is it diarrhea? What frequency?
    Keep in mind that infants who are only on breastmilk will have very loose and watery stools, and infants who eat some solids will have firmer more adult stools.
    It is normal for children to poop between 0 and 5 times a day. It varies from child to child.

Of course the baby will lose weight if he is not eating enough. Try and make some of his favourite things so that he gains interest. A lot of babies love banana and also cerelac etc.

If you are seriously worried, please visit the doctor and take medical advice.