1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How to apply sunni pindi to an infant( 2month or older)

Discussion in 'Infants' started by jasinjyo, Jun 23, 2011.

1. jasinjyo

jasinjyo Bronze IL'ite

Hi Ladies:
    Planning to apply sunni pindi for my baby as she is now in 2nd month. I got the recipe for making sunni pindi powder. Now i want to know how to apply sunni pindi for an infant as my baby got lot of hair on hands and
    legs and face. I want to know step by step procedure to applying sunni pindi.
    Thanks in advance

Bindu

2. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

hey I dont know about the recipe part because we all bought ready made bath powder from India...however just after couple of applications baby had rashes....so I stopped using the powder...my friends also had similar experience...might be wait up till the baby is atelast 6 or 8 months old..

also I was told that we are getting greengram flour in indian stores which is pure form of sunni pindi...I have never used it though...but first of all check on a small area and see if it develops any rash

3. jasinjyo

jasinjyo Bronze IL'ite

Hi
    Yah you are right....i can wait for couple more months.
    But can you or any one please tell me how to apply sunni pindi step by step process.

Thanks
    Bindu

4. neelmoon

neelmoon New IL'ite

My MIL is applying sunni pindi to my 2 month old baby...first she will give oil massage and later add some fresh milk cream in sunni pindi and apply her and rub gently to remove the pindi and bath her..

5. jasinjyo

jasinjyo Bronze IL'ite

Thanks..but in USA where can we get milk cream?
    Are you using cream that we get when we boil the milk??

6. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

If you are in US I'd suggest you check with your pead before using this .
    We stay inside a/c all the day and this will already make the skin very dry . If you apply this green-gram flour , it will make the skin even more dry..

be very cautious while trying this on the baby

7. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

But woudnt the hair naturally fall off as the time goes by? Like, my nephew is close to an year old now and most of his hair on hands and else where has fallen off. What is the point in applying this sunni pindi then?
    Please advise me so that I can also decide whether or not to use this. So far, my nephew only used Aveeno soap and his hair fell off by itself (not on head though).

8. mridusudha

mridusudha Silver IL'ite

I agree with Ranchu and SriVidya here...Please use sunni pindi or for that matter any flour cautiously..It might cause rashes...Atleast that's what happened to DS and my friend's daughter!!! I have bee using Aveeno body wash and cetaphil cream for DS since he was born...He got rashes even while using Johnson & Johnson...so switched to Aveeno...

Hair on body for babies is called Laguno and most of it will fall of automatically...You don't need to scrub it wirh any flour...If you decide to use any flour then I strongly suggest you to try it on a small part of the body for couple of days and see if her skin is o.k!

Good Luck!

9. Brinda1

Brinda1 Bronze IL'ite

Rakhi and Sudha are right, body hair falls off within 6 months for most babies.