1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

When did you start sippy

Discussion in 'Infants' started by cool09, May 19, 2011.

1. cool09

cool09 Senior IL'ite

My 7.5 mo old daughter is EBF till now..but few days back i noticed a dip in supply ..she never used to be satisfied after feeds nor i used to get burp from her..also my breasts feels very supple..maybe this is due to the periods i got recently..now i have started to give my expressed milk..but how do i give it..i have started sippy for her right from when she was 6 mo but she has still not discovered the technique..what brands do u recommend for an EBF kid? please advise..giving with dropper/spoon seems to be extremely messy and i cant do it when i go out..what do u guys do??
    also can someone post a sample meal plan for an 8 mo old? how often and how much solids and milk..i hope all my qns get answered:)

2. Kumarimouni

Kumarimouni Senior IL'ite

hi cool
    r u remember me?
    iam also having 7 1/2 month old baby girl..
    i given sippy bottle for her..but she didn't liked it..i brought NUK brand..she likes to take water from glass only:hide:
    last week i given juice in that but she didn't taken...so i will wait for some more time...
    my menu is......
    9AM - oatmeal/barley cereal and veg and fruit...
    12 PM- 5OZ milk
    3PM-wheat cereal or homemade food
    5PM-fruit
    6PM- RICE CEREAL
    AFTER that milk only.
    r u got ragi seeds...
    i didn't find that one..if i get then i want to introduce her...
    let us see remaining IL what will say...

3. samhi

samhi New IL'ite

Hi,

I have a 7 month old son.Here is his sample schedule

6am - 4oz formula.
    8-9am - 2tbsp cereal + 3oz formula( i usually make 4oz formula and use 1 oz to mix the cereal)
    12-1 - gerber 2nd stage foods and half n hour later he'll have 3-4 oz formula
    4pm - 4oz formula
    6pm - home made food
    8-9pm - 5oz formula

I heard that he needs 25 - 30 oz formula/day.I am worried he doesn't get that much.My doc said it's ok.

can u give me any suggestions regarding home made food and how to increase the formula intake?

Earlier i tried sippy cups with my son.he didn't like it.Today i gave some water in the cup and he took it.slowly i'll introduce with formula.

4. kirukiri

kirukiri Bronze IL'ite

Sippys can be skipped altogether. Try cup/glass directly. Or even straw cups.

5. samhi

samhi New IL'ite

At what age can we start cup/glass or even straw?how to introduce them?some suggestions please.

6. cool09

cool09 Senior IL'ite

Samhi and kumarimouni

When you say formula/milk i am guessing you are giving it in bottle..my prob is since i feel i have a low supply i do not know how to give the supplement..as of now i am using dropper/spoon but i am very desperately looking for an alternative approach since it is a laborious process. will try a regular cup..have to buy one for her seperately..

@Kumarimouni Of course i remember you..same due date clubs..i also give her solids thrice..cereal twice and homemade food once..was wondering if is too much for my kid's age..also i dont give her water/juice..my ped told me it may fill up their tummy and obstruct the intake of milk..juice is just extra calories..you may give her more milk instead..

@samhi regarding homemade food you can give her kanji,mashed dal mixed with veggies,but first try all the fruits and veggies..see wholesomebabyfood website for fruits/veg acc to age..

7. Kumarimouni

Kumarimouni Senior IL'ite

hi cool
    sorry i didn't know wt to do because iam giving formula in bottle to myDD.
    do u got ragi?where u got it..
    sorry iam bothering you....
    and waiting for your answer:hide:

8. cool09

cool09 Senior IL'ite

i got it from india kumarimouni..gave only few times..tried buying it here but with no luck :(

9. DevikaS

DevikaS Senior IL'ite

Hi girls. Remember me too ?? My ds is almost 8m.
    I have recently weaned baby off my breasts ( he was ebf) & started formula. I had enough supply I just was tired of breastfeeding.

He gets;

7am 4oz formula
    9 4oz formula
    9:30 fruit (like 1 banana )with 2 tbs oats
    10:30 4oz formula
    12:30 4oz formula
    2pm homemade food 0.5 - 0.75 cup
    3 pm 4oz formula
    5:30 4oz formula
    7 4oz formula
    7:30homemade food 0.5 - 0.75 cup
    10pm 6-8oz formula

I'm happy & he is happy.

10. cool09

cool09 Senior IL'ite

Oh yes Devika..we all remember u..hope all sept babies are doing well..how did u start the bottle for ur EBF kid and when?? was it easy?i guess starting the bottle now for her would be too late..i am trying to opt for someother method..lookig for some valuable advise!!