1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Urgently i need ur help

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Ooviya, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

1.My baby is 5 WEEKS old. She is drinking milk maxi.20-30 mts. then after ten mts she is vomiting the same milk. I think, she is drinking overly then dispose excess milk. Is it normal???

2.My pediatrition suggested me, give ZINCOVIT-ONCE A DAY AND LUKE WARM WATER- ONE TEASPOON IN THE MRNG AND EVENG. Is it gud for baby??

3. I also give ENFAMIL-SUPPLEMENT-25 ml -ONCE in a day. Shall i give it for my one mth baby?? Bcz she is not sleep in the ngt. Every half an hr once she wants to feed. I cant. thats y pediatr. suggested me Enfamil. But i am not satisfied. no way. thats y give it to her.

4. How many hrs once shall i feed to her normally?? or DEMAND FEEDING??

5.when i will start supplement to her???

6.what is d exact position for feeding?? i am under C-sec. so am sitting in d chair use pillow. Baby on it, under my hand, her face turns my breast side. Is it correct posion???:drowning

2. nivedidha

nivedidha New IL'ite

after u feed the baby put her on ur shoulder till she burps,only after that u can make her lie down. supplementory food only after 6 months of or atleast 5 months of exclusive breast feeding.

3. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Ooviya,

Zincovit is a zinc + multivitamin supplement. Did you ask your paed why he prescribed that? Is your milk sufficient for your baby? Generally babies who are being breastfed do not require supplements. So please get this clarification from your doc.

If your baby is vomiting little milk, it is ok. Generally, the vomited amount looks more than the intake but it actually isnt much. I came to know only when the paed pointed this out to me. When you are feeding your baby, make sure you make her burp after the feeding.

Your feeding position looks ok. Just make sure that the head is higher than the rest of the body. Try the position which you and your baby are most comfortable in. If you baby is not comfortable, you will be able to make out. She will be restless and squirming in your arms. If both of you are comfortable with the current position, then there is no need to change.

Your baby is too young for supplements. Your paed suggesting her zincovit and Enfamil sounds odd. I suggest you ask him for the reason to prescribe them or go for a second opinion.

-Lakshmi

Last edited: Mar 23, 2011
  4. Kumarimouni

Kumarimouni Senior IL'ite

hi
    my DD also vomits up to 5 months.my Dr told that whenever they starts activities like crawling,sitting then it will off.really my baby also now donot vomiting and gripe water also used alot for me.if u r ok then use it.

5. DNM

DNM Silver IL'ite

My son had acid reflux for the first year of his life. Now he is much better. Because of the AR, he would have major spit ups/vommitting and then he would cry a lot. The acid up his throat must have hurt him something bad. We would hold him up and burp him for 20-30 mins after every single feed.

Once they are vertical - sitting and standing position, it does get better. In the meanwhile, medication for the acid reflux could help.

6. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

Thank u for ur advice... my Pediatrition only suggestede Zincovit and Enfamil-(rare use only not frequently)... i only hesitating... Baby wight is gradually increased...

1.When will i start other liquid like juices???

2.my Pediat. suggsted only give water in one tablespoon.. any one give like this???

3.If she is not well. how will i identify or any symptoms??

4.If i am not well like fever, shall i feed to her???:cheers

7. sowraj

sowraj Bronze IL'ite

OOviya,

Burping in between breast change also helps.
    No need of any kind of supplements/friut juices as long as weight agin is fine and baby is satisfied after every BF.
    Always demand feed your baby or if there is a huge gap then feed the baby. Usually during the first couple of months baby keeps sleeping but you need to keep feeding to maintain a good production of milk. its basically the supply and demand technique.
    about giving water my pead said a strict NO for water before 6 months, and only when i started solids at 6 months i included water in her diet. till then she was exclusively BF
    mild fever or cold etc should not stop you from feeding the baby.

8. sowraj

sowraj Bronze IL'ite

I would also suggest to check with pead for the reason for supplementing at 3 weeks? is your milk not enough? feed more to produce more.. the more you restrict the less is produced and demand not met.
    Its just sleepless nights for the first few months then everything should fall in place. so feed the baby till shes satisfied(may be 10 min feed or 30 min feed) so baby does not get up often at night.

9. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

In ngt time she is not sleeping. mrng she sleeps well. so nag tevery an hr once she wants to feed. i also so tired. that y my pediat. suggested me, supplement if required only just like emergency. maxi i will try to avoid. unavoidable circumstance only i use it.

shall i start juices from her 3rd month???

Last edited: Mar 25, 2011
  10. sowraj

sowraj Bronze IL'ite

I would say.. all juices after 6mo... only BF and in your case at unavoidable times give formula...