1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

white spots on baby face

Discussion in 'Infants' started by priya4prabhu, Jan 14, 2011.

1. Msparkerd

Msparkerd New IL'ite

Priya my son has similar spots. How long did it take to go away and exactly what changes were made.

Thanks

2. Msparkerd

Msparkerd New IL'ite

Hi,
    My son has had these spots for a few months now. All the doctors tell me from dry skin and I keep his face moisturize. IT seems he has a new spot. I took him to atleast 4 doctors and they are not making a big deal. Im so worried. Hes very light and the spots blend in however if your up close you will see the discoloration

3. cissyboo

cissyboo Silver IL'ite

How old is your son? Babies often get little spots like pimples, too-not just dry skin patches. If the doctors are not worried, see if you can get a consultation with a dermatologist (these specialize in skin disorders). Do the spots go away, and new ones form? Or do new spot form in addition to existing spots?

4. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Msparkerd, Your doctors are right looks like, from the information you have provided. It seems like these spots are nothing but patches of dry skin. Did you notice that these spots are more pronounced in summers than in winters? Its because of the sun; how about applying sun-block for babies when you take him out?

5. amrita22

amrita22 New IL'ite

hi can someone help me. my son is 4 months old and for the past month he has a large white patch on his chin which has spread to around his lips and there is now one under his left eye. has anyone had similar problem? please comment

6. Rakhii

I think taking him to a doctor would be the best thing for now, as he is really young.

1 person likes this.
  7. Visasri

Visasri Platinum IL'ite

Hi All
    My DD is 1 year now and she has some white patches on forehead which is now spreading. Doc has given some creams for fungal infection but does not work. Any changes to be made in diet?

8. Rakhii

Visa, I am sure you have gone through this thread, so I will not repeat a few things. If its not fungal, coud it be calcium deficiency, though she must be drinking a lot of milk? In extreme hot weather, sweat also can cause pigment fluctuations itseems. washing face at least twice a day and applying moisturizer will help. Its also possible that she has slight food sensitivity to certain kinds of food. When did the patches start?

9. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Hi visari
    Could be because of the soap and harsh chemicals???
    When my son was 1month old..he had patched on his cheeks which were spreading....then the doctor said he had extremely dry skin because of the soap we used.we changed the soap and it cleared....but it took some time for it to go...about a month or so.