1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How to remove body hair for one month old girl baby

Discussion in 'Infants' started by gswathi, Dec 22, 2010.

1. learningtocookwell

learningtocookwell New IL'ite

babies are babies only for so long.Is it not having the sense of external beauty so deep within us that we want our babies to be 'hip' from the time they are born??? I say let your girl be as she is till she is a teenager and then believe me even if you want to stop her you cannot.
    As for the hair. it will fall out by itself.

2. gswathi

gswathi Bronze IL'ite

Hi everyone,
    Thanks for your responses....I will be the happiest person if it falls off by itself as many of you said.....can you say when this will fall off so that i can wait till that time?....
    i have hair on my arms and legs which annoys me often.....i just want to give the best to my baby....i heard if we remove the hair within one year it will be a permanent solution throughout her life.....there might be many traditional ways which will not harm the child (otherwise they wont be using it)....i think they will be using it from 4th or 5th month onwards....can anyone shed light on this?.........

3. Dibu

Dibu Bronze IL'ite

Hi Swathi,

My DD also has hair all over her arms and back. Somebody said its because of calcium tablets which i took during my pregnancy. Am applying tumeric power twice a week. My neice also had lots of hair and it shed with time.

Regards
    Divya

4. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    you are worrying unnecessarily. My son was born in the 7th month and was underweight- 1.5 kg and reduced to 1.35 in a week. He used to have long hair on the body for nearly 4 months. Actually that hair helped a little in keeping his body temperature. And once he was given bath regularly, it fell off. Even the hair on his head also fell of completely and he got new hair by the 8th month. Now he has a very beautiful curly hair, which is the envy of his friends. (he is 19 now).
    And for you info- permanently removing hair is not a good thing for health. Our body releases the sweat thro our hair mostly and it also serves as a sort of protection. Since you seem to live in Chennai, during the hot season, it will be a great boon. If you daughter still had lots of hair even fter teenage, then you sould think of some remedy. Till them the harmones are responsible for hair growth on the body and it is better to let it be.
    And you can try this- give a bath with a combo of whole green gram flour and kasturi manjal powder in the ratio 3:1. Rubbing such a flour will act as a scrub and continuous use of this will reduce hair visibility and there won't be any need of removers. I used to use this scrub on my face (let it dry a little and scrub it off while washing with water) for many years and was rid of facial hair. But letting it dry should be after she becomes an adult.

5. gswathi

gswathi Bronze IL'ite

Hi Varloo,
    Thanks a lot for your response....will try it out........

6. DevikaS

DevikaS Senior IL'ite

Please don't apply anything for the baby. My boy was so hairy at birth we were shocked. Now his hair disappeared.
    Applying something means removing hair from root. It is very painful. Imagine pain like when we do waxing. How painful this will be for newborn. So please don't do anything.

1 person likes this.
  7. aqua5dreamz

aqua5dreamz Senior IL'ite

Swathi,
    Its a MYTH amongst Indians - especially north-Indians that doing something about the hair in the first few months/years will make the hair disappear.

If the body hair you mentioned is Lanugo - it will shed off on its own. No child is same - it might take few weeks or months too.
    If the baby's hair is there to stay - it will STAY no matter what you apply.
    My mom used to do all sorts of besan/haldi/wheat flour thingies for me. Nothing helped. I have a hairy skin & the only remedy is hair removal like waxing post-teenage.

So my 2 cents just like other posters - stop finicking about that.