1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dysentry - 4.5 months old baby

Discussion in 'Infants' started by rikti, Dec 9, 2010.

1. rikti

rikti New IL'ite

I have a 4 and a half months old daughter. For last one week, she was passing watery stools 3-4 times a day. However, she didn't seem to have any pain while passing the stool and I thought it must be temporary stomach upset but then she kept on passing watery stools for a week, we approached our pediatrician and he suggested that we go for a stool test. The stool test report said Occult Blood and Puss is present in her stool which means she has some bacterial infection.

Doctor prescribed Sporides Drops (Antibiotic) for 5 days along with Neopeptine Drops for 10 days.

I am worried because I am not very fond of Antibiotics. I was thinking to vist a homeopathy doctor.

Please share your experiences if your kids have gone through something like this. I will be glad if someone can throw some light on Antibiotics for infants also. Is homepathy right answer for such diseases?

2. rsingh234

rsingh234 New IL'ite

Since it is a bacterial infection. I would use the antibiotics (if it were my child) as it will limit the infection spreading and should resolve the problem.