1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Why are Indians in Bay Area so conservative and not willing to be frnds with Indians?

Discussion in 'Indians in Bay Area' started by SerahPrincess, Apr 24, 2014.

1. SerahPrincess

SerahPrincess New IL'ite

They wont smile back at you..
    They have a typical grin on their faces..
    They will cross you and pretend they never saw you..
    Back in India same people smile, then why not here?
    Its a big time Question!!!

2. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

Re: Why are Indians in Bay Area so conservative and not willing to be frnds with Indi

Because there are just too many of them here?

I recently moved to the Bay Area and in the places I frequent, I find no one but Indians! Even Costco has only Indians! So if I had to smile at people, I would be sporting a constant grin on my face.

I can understand if you come across them in a place like OKlahoma or Wyoming or someplace like that where there's probably aren't too many INdians and you get excited to see someone else from your own country. Here, there is the problem of abundance, so that's probably why people don't crack a smile :)

3. SerahPrincess

SerahPrincess New IL'ite

Re: Why are Indians in Bay Area so conservative and not willing to be frnds with Indi

hmmm I too think so..

4. FromMars

FromMars Gold IL'ite

I see that with Americans as well. Goes on to show that its a human thing than a subset of humans. Some smile, others don't. We have no idea what is going on in their life.

So I keep smiling. Even if I get 2 out of 10 smiles back, I feel genuinely happy. So will you :)