good hospitals for delivery

Discussion in 'Indians in UAE' started by sayoni, Sep 12, 2009.

1. sayoni

sayoni New IL'ite

hi

has anyone delivered thir child in uae? what can be the expense of delivery? Can you suggest me a few hospitals that have low maternity expenses? I heard GMC in ajman is good. Wht difficulties can you face when you deliver your child here? How much can be the caretakers charge who take care of mother and baby after the delivery at home?

2. Zeenat

Zeenat Silver IL'ite

hi sayoni,
    ive delivered both my dd's in dubai at WELCARE hospital. regarding expenses, there are many pre-natal and post natal pakages provided by many hospitals. you can just the right one for you too. where do you live? in ajman or dubai? if incase you have insurance then i would really advice you to go to WELCARE. if not then there are hospitals like ZULEKHA HOSPITAL which has a good reputation and reasonable charges. you want a care taker or a massage lady for you and the baby? or are you wanting a maid full time? talking my experience iv not at all faced any difficulty in delivering 2 children here. be it the hospital or the legal work afterwards. both went smoothly. yeah but you should have sm1 from your family arround. it helps. otherewise no problem at all.

3. priyupravi

priyupravi Gold IL'ite

1 1/2 year back i gave birth to my daughter in Burdubai Al Rafa Hospital. Good Hospital. My doctor was Mrs.Mini Ravi. Efficient Doctor. Mine was cisserian so we paid 8000 dhs.

Regarding maid you have to pay minimum 2000/month (part time) for caring mother&baby..

1 person likes this.
  4. baljinder

baljinder New IL'ite

Hi Have just deliverd my baby 2 weeks back on 25 sept at Al Rafa Maternity Hospital, Mankool area.
    Cost will work out around 5000, but the hospital is excellent. I had consulted Dr. Mini Ravi and she is an angel.

1 person likes this.
  5. hallucination

hallucination New IL'ite

hi zeenat... really need ur help.
    hope u get my msg and reply bk soon.

i am 7 months pregnant. came back to UAE last month and went to zulekha hospital for check up but i am not satisfied. I am really thinking about WELCARE as u advicd. I called for appointment from Dr.janki gopalan, but the earliest posble date i got was 1 june.. :(

wht shud i do?

if i go to her by june... wht abt my 9th month... when ill b seeing my doc every week. wud she b available to c her regular patient weekly????

if she vil b there wid me during my delivry?

i m really coonfused....

If not janki gopalan den who else there in WELCARE.... ?

looking forward to hear from u soon...

bye...

1 person likes this.
  6. newmum

newmum Senior IL'ite

Hi Hallucination
    Just read your post.Just read that you were not satisfied with Zulekha Hosp.Can you tell me which Doctor did you visit?Was she Dr. Pramila or Anandmayee Sinha or some other Dr.?Bcoz I've also started going there from the last month.I had heard the hospital has good reputation.
    Can you pls tell me what problem did you face there?I am a bit worried after reading your post.
    Dr. Pramila is a bit rude as I had my first vist with her so switched to Dr. Ananmayee now. She seems to be a good and polite Doc.
    Hope you reply soon.

1 person likes this.
  7. shwetahormice

shwetahormice New IL'ite

Hi,
    I am due next month and I go to dr. pramila in zulekha hospital, dubai. She is good but when we asked her if husband could accompany wife to the labour room, she said a no as it is against the UAE law. Could any of you quickly let me know if they do allow this in zulekha? My first delivery was in AL Rafa hospital, dubai and it was very good and D. saleena did let my husband accompany me to the labor room. just wanted to check y it is not so in Zulekha. I'm sure atleast some of you might have had a similar experience.

thanks.

8. SunitaReddy

SunitaReddy New IL'ite

I am not too sure about the UAE law but quite a few hospitals allow spouses into the labour room. Unfortunately, Zulekha isn't one of them. My friend delivered both her babies at Zulekha, one in 2009 and one in 2011, and her hubby wasn't allowed both times. Her Dr. is Jasbir Kaur.

I delivered at Welcare and my hubby was told before-hand that he could accompany me should we wish for natural and c-section deliveries. My pregnancy and delivery were handled by the amazing Dr. Janaki Gopalan.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  9. shwetahormice

shwetahormice New IL'ite

thanks sunita for your reply.

its quite strange why a hospital like zulekha should have such rules. why cant they let the spouse accompany ? and i have heard that most of the deliveries there are C Sections. is that true?
    thanks.

10. SunitaReddy

SunitaReddy New IL'ite

I am not sure about all deliveries being c-sections at Zulekha. 3 of my friends have delivered at Zulekha and all have had c-sections but then they've all had valid reasons - gestational diabetes, BP, meconium, etc.

I remember accompanying a friend who wanted to deliver at Zulekha because it was closer to where she stays. The staff at Zulekha's maternity ward were shocked that we wanted a tour of the facilities but let us have one as we were very persistent. But they would not allow us into the NICU to check out the units, I mean we were not expecting to go all the way into the NICU but then a glimpse from the corridor would have been enough but no way! The Nurse was quite dismissive when when we asked her the number of units in the NICU and answered us with a 'sufficient'!

My friend ended up at Welcare with Dr. Janaki Gopalan and was happily given a tour of the facilities at Welcare and had her hubby with her during her delivery. The fact that the hubby was very unwilling to see his wife scream in pain and nearly fainted is another story altogether!

With regards to Doctors and hospitals, everyone has their own versions. Just go with your gut feeling!

1 person likes this.