Experiences while getting a drivers license in Dubai.

Discussion in 'Indians in UAE' started by Septemberrose, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Septemberrose

Septemberrose New IL'ite

Hello, as someone who is currently going through the process in Dubai for the first time I would like to connect with people who have already done this and sucessfully got their license. Some Tips and stories for laughs would be nice to calm my nerves about the whole process.
    I passed my parking amd theory test first try and hope the assessment and RTA test goes very well.
    How long did it take you? When did you join? Any one else getting a test this month or the next?

Last edited: Aug 20, 2015

2. Shivani2009

Shivani2009 Moderator Staff Member Gold IL'ite

Hi September Rose

Acquiring driving license in Dubai can be quite intimidating. I got my driving license in 2008 in third attempt while my husband got it in the first.
    Few tips while you're appearing for the test

Stay Calm
    Listen carefully to what Inspector wants.
    Don't get nervous when your turn comes.

What bugged me the most was going for min number of classes every time I failed in the test. At one point I spoke to the manager and placed request to change my instructor , they said Yes they can entertain my request but when will the other driver / instructor become available , no idea. Since I had already spent quite a big chunk of money and was ruSo I had to continue with the existing instructor.

Hopefully you should be able to sail through.

3. Septemberrose

Septemberrose New IL'ite

Yeah my test is coming up in the next week.
    How many times did you have to take the test before you got your license?
    I think it is based on pure luck, one oerson left a door open throughout the test and passed. Some people get so nervous they freak and end up failing. It's all about luck and the situation that day.

4. Shivani2009

Shivani2009 Moderator Staff Member Gold IL'ite

I got it in second time. I was so disappointed when I missed it in the first round, as my instructor was very sure of my driving skills. Yea guess so , luck and good mood of the one conducting the test too.

5. Septemberrose

Septemberrose New IL'ite

I got my drivers license today :D SO HAPPY!!