Arab study group

Discussion in 'Indians in UAE' started by RedRuby, May 7, 2014.

1. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

Hi everyone, i was really unsure in which forum to post this as its more generall about arab and not about a specific dialect.

I recently started to study arab and would love to share and study here togehter with other ladies who are interested to study arab language. I thought it might be great if we could encourage each other and try to help :)

So feel free to join

(dear mods, if this thread is in the wrong section please move and take my appologies)

2. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

ooooook, i recently try to learn to read and write the arab alphabet .. which is honestly not the easiest thing i did (was lazy last days.. honestly).
    I booked for this task a course and searched in internet.

Youtube is great help with learning the alphabet and first easy words. I tried to watch the old manahil series which is for lil children and quite cute.
    As for grownups explanations i use ArabicPod101.com which has nice videos about every letter, i try to understand the pronounciation and will try to remember all the letters and what they look like in the beginning, end, middle and seperatet.

I would like to post all the new words i learn here too and learn words from others, so does anyone know a way i can type here in arab???

and one question to all those who already are able to read and write and speak arab. How long did it take you? did you have such problems with pronounciation too???? I feel those sounds from deep throat so difficult and like i get throat pain if i just think about them...do arabs understand you?

3. bany02

bany02 New IL'ite

Hi Redruby....im new to this IL...new to Dubai as well as ths is my 2nd month here...im keen to learn Arabic. Did you learn thru online or u went for any classes? Tq

4. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

Hi bany02, happy to hear from you :) and welcome to IL :)

Nice to hear your keen to learn arabic, me too are same. I booked one class where i go once a week the rest i try online. I just start so im on my way to learn the alphabet and first words. Do you already understand something? how do you study?

I just today discoverd there are apps available to help out in learning arabic, thought of downloading one to use it in between when waiting somewhere (like public transport system etc.)