New comers to UAE- Visit here

Discussion in 'IL'ites in Dubai' started by balamotwani, Sep 22, 2007.

1. sujatha_siva

sujatha_siva Bronze IL'ite

Hi ladies,

Can anybody tell about the transport system from sharjah to dubai.
    Is staying outside dubai like international city or al nahda a good option for saving money?
    Is it well connected to dubai?

Thanks,
    Sujatha.

2. balamotwani

balamotwani Bronze IL'ite

Hi Sujatha,

I dont understand what u r saying, ok let me put it in PM and send you. Then about schools, see in Education- UAE thread and check there. There are many CBSE schools - DPS, Our Own English School, did u check Gems website i refered you.

ok, bye
    Bala

3. balamotwani

Hi Suja,

Al- Nahda is in Sharjah-Dubai border. There is Al-nahda-1,2,3,4,5 and also industrial. Dont worry it is very good area, you have hospitals, malls, schools, colleges, restaurants, .... closeby. Taxi / Buses are the public transport available. There are many many people staying in sharjah/ajman/rasalkhaimah and working in dubai to save money. Traffic is the only big problem due to this. But you will find private transport for office goers available in both sharjah and dubai and also car lifts available.

International City is though not very old,is supposed to be less expensive area but as it is still developing, you should check whether you are getting tranport to this place. Some schools have extended their area till International city. Dragon Mart is there in international city and may be you can get taxi's there. I didnt go bcos of the tranport, but now iam not sure of the present mobility situation. Just check in the sites i gave you for carlifts and i try to contact them. I think the public bus goes only till Vegetable market which is suppposed to be near international city.

Try to download dubai map and then you will get an idea.

All the best.

Bala

Nandhininaveen likes this.
  4. gisjul

gisjul Senior IL'ite

Hi all!!!
    i will be relocating to sharjah next mth to b with my husband.
    i was just confused about the visa thing. i will be taking visiting visa and going there. now i have only stamped my marraige certificate and all marksheets and passing certificates from Mantralaya ie Govt here.
    when i reach there i will be converting to resident visa there since my husband already got resident visa there. i hope it is the correct proceedure im doing it is so complicated.
    Does any one kno about it\
    giselle

5. balamotwani

Hi Sujatha and Gis,

Welcome to Sharjah/Dubai soon.

Gis - You are right. You go on a visit visa and if ur hubby office applying for your dependant residence visa on husband sponsorhip, dont worry. You just have to give the employer your original passport (kids passport, if any), marriage certificate original certified by UAE embassy in India(travel conultants do this job and charge around 3700rs approx., i did this recently in chennai thru a travel agent in june and it takes around 2 weeks) and then after taking the certified original marriage certificate go to the immigration office in UAE for getting attestation in copies of marriage certificate (150dhs charges in July2007). After this you give everything to your hubby's employer who will do the rest. Original passport, original marriage certificate plus certified copy, 4 to 6 passport photograph. They will type everything and you just have to sign. Then you will be asked to go for health check up where they do blood test and next day you have to go personally to get the result and you wont know what is written as it will be in arabic only. You will get your health card.(It depends on your employer) Meantime they may give you another residence visa for sometime till you get your stamping in the passport. Some of things may vary above depending on your hubby's work. Particularly the health check up. If you are doing it yourself everything then you just got to typist (they are everywhere), they will guide you fully.

Sujatha - Please read carefully the school websites for applicants from outside UAE. You need to get some attestation, TC etc.....So that you are well prepared before you come here.

Bala

6. sujatha_siva

sujatha_siva Bronze IL'ite

Hai,
    Thanx Bala.Can u give the chennai agent address. In bangalore he is charging 7000Rs for attestation.

BYE BYe,
    Sujatha.

7. brindhaaa

brindhaaa Bronze IL'ite

Dear all,

We are in dubai for the past one year and now wanted to bring my inlaws here on visit visa .We have some specific queries on visit visa .Would be grateful if any of you could let me know the contact number or suggest some websites to inquire abt visit visa formalities and other queries in dubai.

Thanks in advance:hatsoff

Luv
    Brindha

8. anjanasubash

anjanasubash New IL'ite

Re: Need Info about Dubai

hai
    im in abudhabi for past 7 months.i still culdnt find friends nd im also interested in working.u can see my qualifications in my profile.do u knw anybody n abudhabi?i need friends.help me.

9. Sujata03

Sujata03 New IL'ite

Hiiiiiiiiiiiii Sujatha

Just wanted to say 1 sujatha saying hi to another sujatha:)

I am staying in Bur dubai OPC for the past 16yrs actually from Hyd

HOpe you liked UAE?

Keepin touch

Byeeeeeeeeeee:cheers

10. Laks06

Laks06 New IL'ite

Hi,

I am Lakshmi Ramakrishnan. I am new to this forum and infact this site itself. I Came to Dubai 3 months ago and residing in Al Qusais. This forum is really useful. I ahve been working, but since my husband got a job here, i have left the job and looking out for a job here. can u pls suggest me the exact locations of that 5dhs etc shop in sharjah and what all we get there?