New comers to UAE- Visit here

Discussion in 'IL'ites in Dubai' started by balamotwani, Sep 22, 2007.

1. balamotwani

balamotwani Bronze IL'ite

Re: Need Info about Dubai

Hi suja,

Dont worry he will feel that he is in India. You can see indians only everywhere, indian looking faces, as there are pakistanese, bangladesi, nepalese. There is no specific place for indians, we are everywhere. All those places she mentioned are somewhat closer to SHK SYD road, but just check with your budget.

Other sites that you can check - Dubai Property for Sale and Rent, Jobs in Dubai, Dubai Classifieds , www.expatriates.com , DubaiDonkey.com - Make sure you're in the race to get the best deals in Vehicles, Jobs and Properties in Dubai , Dubai UAE Classifieds | New & Used Cars in Dubai UAE | Jobs in Dubai UAE | Rent, Buy, Sell Property & Real Estate in Dubai UAE | Hotels in Dubai UAE | Motorcycles | Mobile Phones | Furnitures | Boats | Computers and much more in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sha

Where in Shaikh Sayed Rd? Bcos the road is from this end of the city to that end. My hubby is near the Greens opposite to Internet and Media City on the SHK road.

:thumbsup

2. sujatha_siva

sujatha_siva Bronze IL'ite

Thanks for the detailed info.Now we have a second thought whether i (with kids)could accompany him. Actually his salary is 20AED(inclusive of allowances).
    I have 2 kids I and VI grade. I saw DPS and some indian school websites but they have arabic as a language. My elder daughter is so scared of language piling.(already suffered).

Is it possible to have a normal life with enough saving? How will be the schools.
    After deciding these things i will start finding the location and the type of house we need.

Lot of things to decide.Please help.

Bye,
    Sujatha.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2007
  3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi sujatha,

In uae, oman arabic is a must. you have to learn.
    School-
    Housing -
    Water -
    Sewage -
    Transport-
    Medical-
    Telephone/internet-
    Provisions-

(These are the expenses...i can give a rough amount, but heard the cost of living has increased. school fees also has increased. so i feel somebody who is currently in uae will give you a better picture.)

Savings depends on individual style of living. Otherwise dubai is a nice place, with lot of indians.:thumbsup

4. balamotwani

HI Sujatha,

PM your id so that i will mail u indetail.

for telephones, TV channels, ADSL connection visit Welcome to Etisalat you can choose according to your needs. ADSL choose your speed and hours u want. Telephone local calls are free, international you have to pay. Mobile is etisalat or Du. Du is new and good.

Electricity, water, sewerage - Initial you need to pay 1060 towards deposit and connection charges for apartments in Dubai visit Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (DEWA) consumption for a two bedroom with centralised A/c comes between 400 to 500 dhs (according to my experience) So it depends on A/c and remember this is together elect, water and sewerage single bill.

Other expenses are rent(payable from single chq to 6 chqs depends on landlord or agent), maid(depends full time , part time, ....),transport(hubby to and fro office- depends on area - we are in riqqa so to Interchange 5 ie emaar business park comes to 350dhs a month in AL zarooni transport, again here u have choices other transport, car lift etc), monthly food expenses(it depends from family to family, but not very expensive max budget 2000 a month for 4 of u - this includes- food, cleaning material, toiletries,...) School fees(depends on your decision international or cbse, visit the school website, you can get list of schools inhttp://www.dubaicityguide.com/geninfo/education.asp?pagenum=7&area=&scl_level=

Also budget for following
    plus entertainment(eating out, movies,vacation, play area in malls,shows,b'day parties,....)
    Parking charges, vehicle instalment,insurance, fuel (for driving license visit Emirates Driving Institute - Home )
    additional courses, extra curiular activities,...
    school transport will be given in the school website depends on your residence.
    emergency medical expenses...(If u have health insurance from office then it is good)

If you have any other doubt, pls feel free to ask.

BALA

5. gisjul

gisjul Senior IL'ite

Hi all,:wave
    i have just joined this site recently and im based in Mumbai and im planning to relocate to Sharjah and live there with my husband who is already working there, I would like to know more interesting things about sharjah.:confused: the food there, weather and lots more so that i can adjust myself to a new place

6. Ushakrishnan64

Ushakrishnan64 Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    You will get all info about the country in this thread. Hope the newcomer will find it useful.

Regards
    USHA

7. sujatha_siva

Re: Are you new to Dubai, need Help....

Hai Bala,

Thanks for your collection.I was expecting reply for my email.Just a remainder.Sorry!!

Bye,
    Sujatha.

8. gisjul

gisjul Senior IL'ite

Ill be getting a visit visa and then im looking to get resident visa in Sharjah. my husband has got resident visa there.
    I heard it is very difficult to get a room for a couple with a kitchen. i have searched on Khaleej classifields and even my friends stay in share apartments but with a common kitchen.
    Is it true?

9. balamotwani

Hi Sujatha,

What r u saying, i sent a big email to u, let me check in yahoo and come back to u. I was thinking why u didnt reply to my mail. Sorry i was busy the last few days, let me resend it.

Bala:confused:

Last edited: Oct 22, 2007
  10. sujatha_siva

Hi Bala,

Still i didnt receive your email.
    Do you know anything about Delhi public school both in dubai and sharjah?

Any input about CBSE school is highly appreciated.

Bye,
    Sujatha.