Basingstoke, Hampshire

Discussion in 'Indians in the UK' started by JasleenSahani, Jan 28, 2010.

1. JasleenSahani

JasleenSahani New IL'ite

Hello Ladies,

I hv recently moved on a dependent visa with my husband to Basingstoke from Hyderabad. Wanted to make some friends to socialize.
    Neone from this place plz feel free to contact me.

Regards,
    Jasleen.

2. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Hi Jasleen,

Welcome to IL !

I hope your stay is going to be a very memorable one here with loads of treasured and fond memories to captivate in this snowy winter.

I have stayed in Hyderabad for few years before coming to London.What a fantastic place it is ! I can still feel the din and bustle of the mad rush at Ameerpet and the lingering aroma of Hyderabadi Briyani.

How is it at Basingstoke ? Would love to hear more from you.

Please go through the various forums in IL at leisure.You are going to make a lot of friends here who share your passions, hobbies or interests.

Take care and hope to see you more often.

3. JasleenSahani

JasleenSahani New IL'ite

HI Sabitha,

Thanks for ur good wishes & kind response.....Its so nice to c someone reply to me ... now I feel like a part of IL....

I m basically from Mumbai.. got married n moved to Hyd ... lived thr for 3 years... Comin from Mum I dint like hyd tht much.... but aftr comin Uk I kind of miss Hyd.... its a lovely city... Eat street, KBR park, Chutneys ..... I miss all of this n much more....

So for how long hv u been in london.... n wat do u do ? as in workin or house wife...
    I was thinkin of gettin a job here ... i guess on a dependent visa u can work in UK... I hv done my Graduation in Foods n Nutrition, may b smthg related to tht if i could get a part time job... Ne suggestions do let me knw...

Would love to hear from u often...
    Till then take care n have fun,
    Jasleen.

4. krish22

krish22 Senior IL'ite

Hey,

Where do you live in Basingstoke in Victory Hills or Crown Heights?

This is a nice quiet place to live unlike Hyd?

Even I am from Hyd and miss the hustle.

You can find big Indian community in above places and can make friends there.

Hope you like it here in basingstoke.

Regards,
    Krish.

5. alaha

alaha New IL'ite

Hello Ladies ,

I am new to basingstoke , am from Bangalore !!! Any Indians around ???? Would to meet n tak and make new friends .... PLease get in touch ..

Shruthi

6. Khepar

Khepar New IL'ite

Hi Jasleen
    My name is Parambir and I live in Fleet ...not too far from Basingstoke.

7. shru090

shru090 New IL'ite

Hello Jasleen ,

I am from Bangalore , moved to the Uk after getting married and dont have much friends around ... Where do you stay in Basingstoke , I live just behind the Church which is opp to M&S..... Looking forward to get in touch with you ..

Thanks
    Shruthi

8. riverline

riverline New IL'ite

Hi i will be moving around this area shortly ...does anyone recommend trhis place ..i have a 2 yr old as well.

Thanks
    Vidya

9. Vedikas

Vedikas New IL'ite

Hey Lovely Ladies,
    I am new member here and I would like to introduce myself.I am trained Beautician and mobile beauty therapist.
    You surely want to look Fantastic and feel Great for this Winter, then my Beauty Treatments are for you. Here are few of the pampering treatments.
    Manicure: Sit back and relax as your nails are cleansed and filed, moisturiser is applied and a lick of polish adds the finishing touch
    Pedicure: Put your feet up and chill as your feet are cleansed and filed, soothed with moisturiser and then finished with polish
    Normal Facial: Your skin will be gently cleansed and exfoliated and then replenished with moisturiser to leave you glowing
    Gold Facials: The skin will be cleansed and exfolicated and treated with a world leading beautician Shahnaz hussain's special gold facial creams and moisturisers.
    Indian Hot oil Head massage
    Threading Treatments.
    Please let me know to book your appointment,
    just message me here or visit my page Vedika Brow Bar on Facebook please.
    Cheers!

10. akshi44

akshi44 New IL'ite

hi vidhya i also live in basingstoke ...i feel this place is good but it is not that big as other cities

Thanks,
    akshi