South Indian

Discussion in 'Indians in the UK' started by vidyaps, Jan 22, 2014.

1. vidyaps

vidyaps New IL'ite

Hi

To introduce myself I am Vidya.
    I have been in UK since 2011. I have a baby girl of 2yrs. I am from southern part of India and I live in South west London. It would be nice/enjoyable to meet tamil speaking/indians and get to know each other in this country...I am happy that Indus Ladies helps us to find or share our thoughts in this regard and I look forward to know people of this sort..

Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
    1 person likes this.

2. sandynar

sandynar Gold IL'ite

Hi Vidya
    I am Sandhya and have been living in the UK since 2012.
    We live in Halifax, near Leeds.
    We are also tamilians settled here.
    how do you find living in UK?

1 person likes this.
  3. vidyaps

vidyaps New IL'ite

Hi Sandhya,
    Niec to hear from you. Hope you are doing good. I have been here since May 2011 and I find its ok in general w.r.t the way of living,but when it comes into getting to know each other,finding the right like minded people,thats where its quite difficult.Hence I thought I could post my thoughts over here so that an opportunity arises in getting to know people of the same flock. I am from Chennai and I speak Tamil. Can I know about you and you being in here?

4. mvindira

mvindira New IL'ite

Hi Vidya,
    I'm Indira. I live in Chertsey, Surrey with hubby n two kids. I'm a Tamil from Malaysia and been in UK since 2012. Nice to meet a tamil speaking person on this forum.

5. vidyaps

vidyaps New IL'ite

Hi Indira,

I am very glad to know that your are living in Surrey County as I live in that too.I am from Chennai,India..I live in Raynes Park.I have been here since 2011.I also live with my family and have a daughter who is about to be 2 yrs.I have heard Lots of tamil programmes/filmfare awards are being conducted in Malaysia and its very nice to know that..I am happy to hear from you !It would nice to get to know and meet in future as well.

6. sandynar

sandynar Gold IL'ite

Hi Vidya
    Sorry for the late reply.i was busy.
    We are living in UK from2012. I am from Hyderabad and my hubby is from Chennai. we are both Tamilians.We were living in Nottinghamearlier and have moved to Halifax near Leeds recently.
    Very true finding right minded people is a little difficult.
    Wehaveone son.
    How abt you? do u have any kids?

7. sandynar

sandynar Gold IL'ite

Hi Indira
    how are you

8. vidyaps

vidyaps New IL'ite

Hi Sandhya,

Thats ok.Yeah its difficult with kids..Yes,I have a daughter who is about to turn 2 very soon. Nice to know you moved into Leeds..Glad to know that u r from Hyderabad and u r hubby is from Chennai..I have other Hyderabad friends too ..I lived in an area called Sowcarpet,near Parrys Corner in Chennai..May be he might be aware of this area....where is he from? And When we get a chance ,it would nice to meet sumwhr feasible for us.. :) So whats up at your end here? Any plan to work?

Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
  9. mvindira

mvindira New IL'ite

Hi Vidya,
    I have a boy who turned two last month and a 8 month old baby girl. Yes, we have lots of Tamil programmes and events in Malaysia, it's a popular place for tamil movie shooting too! Raynes Park is nearby New Malden right? I usually go to Murugan temple and indian grocers there. There are hardly any asians where i'm staying. I agree that it's a bit difficult to find right like minded people here, i have the exact same problem.
    I'm glad to know you, yeah it would be nice to meet up in the future.

10. mvindira

mvindira New IL'ite

Hi Sandhya,
    I'm fine, hope you are too. It's nice to meet other tamilians here. How old is your son?
    I've not been to Hyderabad, but been to Tirupathi. Have done some temple tour in Tamil Nadu, beautiful place with magnificient temples!