You are already
a member and logged in!
I have recently relocated to Dubai and would like to select school for my 6 year old son. There are various curriculum schools here ICSE, IGCSE, IB, American schools.
I am in a dilemma choosing the good school curriculum, need your suggestions and comments about my observations as I thought UK moms would have better idea about IB/IGCSE similar to National curriculum of England
Indian ICSE/CBSE schools
- have lot more rigor, breadth especially in science and maths
- regular homeworks, tests, exams make them better prepared for competitive world
- exposure to indian culture in studies and cocurricular
- teaching methodology might tend to be rote oriented
- focus is on exams so kids might have difficulty in applying concepts, overall personality development, life skills, confidence.
- sorrounded by indian kids and teachers comparatively english fluency might not be so eloquent as natives
American/British schools IB or IGCSE
- practical oriented, focus is on application of concepts
- surrounded by native english kids and teachers so better fluency in english
- exposure to multicultural environment right from beginning might lead to better life skills as a grown up
- better exposure to cocurricular development and sports
- low load on home works, tests and optional exams will lead to sudden shock during entrance exams after 12th like SAT or IIT
- cultural issues of western world might have adjustments issues with us parents with eastern mindset