1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Moving to Tampa Area

Discussion in 'Indians in Tampa' started by nirusjc, Jan 6, 2012.

1. nirusjc

nirusjc New IL'ite

Hi all,
    We are planning to move from California to Tampa area this summer. We have a 5 yr old who will start 1st grade this fall. Can anyone suggest low crime suburb with good schools which also has Indians in the area? truly appreciate your feedback....

2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Welcome to Tampa. If you are more specific about where you and your husband are working, I can provide useful information. Tampa has a lot of Indian population perhaps not as much you see in California. Tampa itself has several pockets of Indian population. New Tampa is another developing area. St.Petersburg is the other side of the Bay area. We have another city called "Clearwater" which has a beautiful white sand beach. There are some great schools in each one of these places.

3. nirusjc

nirusjc New IL'ite

Thanks much for your post. My husband's office is near the Tampa Airport.
    30 minutes drive is okay for us.
    Our biggest concern are the schools and safety wherever we choose to live.
    Most people seem to suggest private schools in Florida in general.Can you advise?
    Thanks very much.

4. nirusjc

nirusjc New IL'ite

So, we have shortlisted Tampa Palms Elementary/ Pride Elementary School and Leila Davis Elementary in Clearwater. Any thoughts on these schools or area is much appreciated.
    Also Are the admissions easy in public schools? We plan to move by summer,so is there a deadline for admissions in Florida public schools?

5. mstampa

mstampa New IL'ite

Hi nirusjc,

I am also planning to move to tampa palms area. Have you shifted to Tampa. Even my kid is starting 1st grade this year so looking for a good apartment.

Can anyone suggest some good apartments near Tampa palms. Anybody knows if there are indians living in promenade, hamptons at Tampa Palms.

6. funtuuush

funtuuush Senior IL'ite

hope u guys got a good apartment by now

7. para867

para867 New IL'ite

Hi Niru,

I have recently moved to Tampa from India. Was going through the forums on IndusLadies and found your query. Would like to ask you about your move, which apartment you took. My husband and I have also shortlisted Tampa palms and pride elementary school for our 51/2 year old daughter. So which one did you select for your child. School is important as we would then take up an apartment in that district only. Did you find others in the Indian community. I was previously in NJ where as you know there is a big community. Seems like I am in the exact situation you were a year ago. Would appreciate if you can respond and give some inputs.

Thanks
    Nidhi

8. Gayathriak

Gayathriak New IL'ite

Hi
    U name is Gayathri. We r planning to move to Tampa by this month end.
    I'm also looking for some good schools and apartments in new Tampa area.
    Any suggestions would be a great halo for me. My number is 248-252-2911.
    Thanks

9. seemabarve

seemabarve New IL'ite

Hi all, We might move to Tampa, we have shortlisted Westchase area and Tampa Palms. Which one is good?