Moving to Sydney!! Need advice on rentals!

Discussion in 'Indians in Sydney' started by Bajaj0410, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Bajaj0410

Bajaj0410 New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

Me and my husband would be moving to Sydney in December. His office would be in Macquire Park. We are not sure yet which suburb is convenient and safe to stay?
    Some options ppl gave us were Chatswood, Hornsby, Land Cove considering all these suburbs are close to Macquire Park..
    Can you suggest which would be convienent and also safe to stay?
    And we also found that rentals per week would cost us AUD 450-500.. Is that the normal rental range there?

Any piece of advice would be helpful!! :)

2. malap

malap New IL'ite

Hi,
    Iam staying in west ryde, near to top ryde shopping centre.its 1bhk and iam paying $ 380/- which includes water charges. Its very good locality and very convinent also. U can get 2bhk here for $ 400 to 450/-. Do u have anybody here to stay with because it takes time to find houses here.iam going on my vacation after 15th dec and will be back onky by end jan.if u want you can take my apartment and look for rental. Let me know about your say on this. My email id malathypande@yahoo.com.

Thanks,
    Mala

3. rawjiv

rawjiv New IL'ite

Hi, I work at Macquaire uni. I had the same questions when I moved. All the suburbs/houses around there are pretty much old, dark mouldy. No gas connection. I searched a lot and finally moved to Hornsby. 2bhk I m renting for $450 a week, right next to station, Westfield shopping. Hospital, schools n indian grocery n restaurants nearby. 3 train lines to city 45 mins. MQ Uni 20 mins by train, 25 mins by drive.

i am moving overseas soon and i am selling all my stuff. Buyer dont have to buy a thing If you would like to have a look at my unit and the stuff plz mail me at rawjiv at gmail.

Thanks,
    rajeev