Moving to Swiss From London

Discussion in 'Indians in Switzerland' started by vidhyavidh, Dec 22, 2009.

1. vidhyavidh

vidhyavidh New IL'ite

Hi!

We will be moving to Swiss in February '10. My husband is a software engineer and we have a 3.5 yrs old daughter. She is going to nursery here. Can you pls let me know the details of schooling in swiss? Is it possible to get a seat in nursery in the middle of the year? Pls provide me with more details. Pls help

Thanks in advance
    Vidhya

2. shareenp

shareenp New IL'ite

Hi ,

Where abouts are you moving to? Is it the French speaking side or the German side?

I live on the French speaking side, and there is absolutely no problem to get your child a place in school here in the middle of the school year. However do note that unlike in the UK children in Switzerland do not start school till they are 5! or 4.5 depending on the month of the year they are born in.

The state school system are great but if there are also several very good private montessoris and schools around.

Let me know if you need any further info.

Thanks

3. Meerasan78

Meerasan78 New IL'ite

Hi Vidya/Shareen,

we are also having an opportunity in swiz and are thinking about moving. My daughter is 15 mmonhts old. We would be moving to Berne. Can you please let me know.. what it is like..interms of

1. cost of living
    2. Nursery or childcare opporutnities.
    3. Housing
    4. Indian food items.
    5. Schools and job opportunities for me. i am a business consultant here.
    6. Language barriers.

Please revert. Vidhya I live in london too. may be if we could catch up for a talk.. please drop me a reply

Thanks and Regards,
    Meera S