Do you know of any apartments with full kitchen facilities in Swiss?

Discussion in 'Indians in Switzerland' started by shrikamu, Nov 12, 2009.

1. shrikamu

shrikamu New IL'ite

I plan to visit Switzerland in Apr-May with my family and parents, alongwith Paris & Amsterdam. Need all your help in planning my budget itinerary. We will arrive in Zurich and stay there for abt. 2 days, then base ourself at Interlaken / Lauterbrunnen. Do you know of any apartments with full kitchen facilities. Should we hire a car, since we would love to see the Alpine scenery (like in the movies). Me & my husband both know driving. Is it safe and how expensive would it be?

Thanks a lot

2. kkmanju13

kkmanju13 New IL'ite

Re: Visiting Swiss

Hi we are visiting Zurich by end of Nov, for 4 days, if any one is interested to suggest us budget stay & what to see in short time, it will be great help. We live in California (Me & my wife), are vegetarion, we will appreciate if we can get some accommodation like paying guest. We are from North India, AGRA. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2010
  3. Stuti2685

Stuti2685 New IL'ite

Re: Visiting Zurich

Hi Manju,
    Zurich is a beautiful place to visit. If you are planning to visit in Nov, well it will be really cold and the weather would not be very favorable as it rains and its quite cold.
    For people who are not a resident of this country there is something called a 4 day pass for travelling all over Switzerland.
    Even if you plan to visit Zurich You can check out other cities like Interlaken check out jungfrau(beautiful mountain), bern(The capital of Switzerland) you can go to titlis(enjoy the vada pav and pav bhaji with hot tea on the mountain, enjoy in the snow with some slides) and in Zurich you can enjoy the lake side, check out the Rheim fall which is one of the biggest falls in europe and is 1 hour away from Zurich. There are a few Indian restaurants in Zurich and as i am a vegetarian too i can say vegetarain food doesnot have lot of options but its not bad. Many restuarants have menu in english. If have no idea about the cheap accomodation in Zurich but you can search on google for the same. Checkout ebookers.com

4. rksg

rksg New IL'ite

Re: Visiting Swiss

Hi Manju,
    I am just curious what are your travelling dates….as we are also reaching Zurich on 24<SUP>th</SUP> Nov…..will be there till 28<SUP>th</SUP>!.....I am travelling with my husband and 3 yr old son…..wht places are u guys planning to visit?...do u have any advise on hotels..as we have not yet finalized any hotel….will appreciate ur response.
    Thanks,
    Ritu