Honeymoon in Lucerne(switzerland)

Discussion in 'Indians in Switzerland' started by sheenuz, Sep 30, 2009.

1. sheenuz

sheenuz New IL'ite

Hi,

I am planning for our 1st honeymoon ;-) . Its gonna be 4nights-5days starting around December 1st. After a lot of googling, I found Lucerne as a good destination. Now, I have some questions..

1) As, I have only searched on internet but i want to get inputs from some of the people that have actually been to lucerne....Is it a good honeymoon destination?

2) Is it snowy in early december?

3)What kind of clothes should i carry along?

4) Are there some veg Indian restaurants in Lucerne?

5) We are planning for a quite honeymoon only at Lucerne, so should i follow up some travel agency in India or its easy to book hotels and rail tickets online? Actually we came to know that these travel agency people take people in bulk and have their own timetables. So, we didn't want all this on our honeymoon. We have a budget of 40k to 50k INR (around 1100 CHF) for hotel stay.

6) I dunno how much the meals cost there. If somebody could give me an idea?

7) I came to know that there is a train journey from Zurich to Lucerne. If i travel in 1st class. How much the round trip costs me? (Is it around 10k INR?)

8) Also i saw on raileurope.com that there is a connecting train in Zurich-Lucerne journey...and the time difference is 8 mins. Is it easy to catch the connecting train within such short time span??

I know these are lots of questions. But I will be very thankful if somebody answers them.
    Thanks in Advance.

2. sheenuz

sheenuz New IL'ite

Hey Man.....Nobody is ready to help me?? If i have done something wrong then I think that at least the moderators should help me out. Guyz please come up. I have the whole planning ahead of me.....

3. Honeyline

Honeyline New IL'ite

hi
    Congratulations on your first honeymoon!
    we also had first and only honeymoon, rest were like-honeymoon. we hope not to have second honeymoon (ie we will have to get divorce and go to second honeymoon with our new spouses). !!!!! Anyways jokes apart, our response is as follows:
    Lucerne in December will be very cold (1 guess its start of winter) so may be good time for honeymoon (lots of cuddlyness) unless you want to go out and see the city.
    train connections should not be a problem, our experience says train timing are perfect. be quick to know where to get your connecting platform.
    lots of people may be skiing, so you will feel out of place!
    i dont think you should look for any indian veg. restaurant, enjoy the local veg. dishes, if you find any indian restaurants, enjoy.
    switzerland is very expensive, so expect to spend a lot.

4. Honeyline

Honeyline New IL'ite

if you are expecting to stay longer ie 7-10 days, take a rail pass (may be 600 CHFF) and go around to see Bern and Interlaken. Jungfrau and Schiltorn are in Interlaken area and good scenic spots (lots of bollywood shooting have taken place in Interlaken region).
    Near Lucerne itself, there is I think Mount Titlis or something like that and Mount Pilates. They are also good.
    Again why do you want to take 1st class in train, ordinary class is itself like or better than first class in India. So save that money and spend on something else.
    We went to Lucerne in 2005 and stayed in a self-catering accomodation in a nearby village which was good (we had kids and so were not on honeymoon!)