Anybody in Basel/Aargau?

Discussion in 'Indians in Switzerland' started by radha01, Aug 27, 2009.

1. radha01

radha01 New IL'ite

Hello,
    my name is Radha and I am living close to Basel in a village. It is lovely here but have not met any Indian ladies so far. I did find some Indian grocery stores in Basel but I do miss the social contact.:drowning I am married and just had a baby.

Radha

2. radha01

radha01 New IL'ite

Hello...is there nobody around this area???? Heeeelp me....

3. MiaSen

MiaSen Senior IL'ite

Hey Radha,
    Am not currently residing in Aargau, but will be relocating to Turgi soon - we are waiting for our residence permit :)
    My hubby is working there and we hope to join him sometime in January.:cheers
    I was very happy tat I could see someone in IL, living in Basel, coz I nver used to get enough replies for my queries related to relocation to Aargau, Switzerland :spin- I guess lots of indians live in Zurich and Geneva :)

Hope you have a great time there and will definitely stay in touch if u wish - so tat we'll have people to talk to and be friends with...:)

4. radha01

radha01 New IL'ite

Hi MiaSen,

thank you so much for your reply! Oh, I would love to stay in touch! Have you moved into your new place already?

I have my laundry day today (one day per week I am allowed to do our laundry). Amazingly it seems normal to me after being here for 6 month now. Hey! Time is flying...

Basel is a lovely place and Switzerland is so beautiful. I've been to some Indian shops in Basel so I get all I need. However I am unable to get in touch with the people there as I do not speak any Tamil.

5. radha01

radha01 New IL'ite

Don't worry about the residency permit, as soon as you have a job here you get it automatically. It took 3 month for us to wait here in Aargau but in the canton of Basel it is just a few weeks. I got my work permit in 3 weeks there.

6. MiaSen

MiaSen Senior IL'ite

Hi Radha,
    Sorry for the late reply - was busy with my son's b'day arrangements :)
    Happened to visit IL, but totally forgot ur post :bonk.
    We havent moved yet - my hubby is gonna apply for permit by the end of this month.
    We have planned to fly around Jan - Hope things go as per our plan :bowdown.
    So u r working - tats great :)
    I too was into s/w, but recently resigned as I've to move out of India - had no choice Witsend
    Howz ur working going on? and howz ur child?
    Take care and have a good time... :cheers

7. Silkydutta

Silkydutta New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

This is Silky, just moved to Baden, Switzerland. Can you please let me know any indian salon for eyebrow threading.