Best time to Visit Switzerland

Discussion in 'Indians in Switzerland' started by Ami, Apr 11, 2006.

1. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

This is really informative..

Hi friends,

Pls do suggest the best period to visit Switzerland and other important details of the same.

Thanks and Rgds.

2. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Hi!

Dear Ami,

Switzerland, like most of the European coutnries, enjoys a good summer between June and August months. They will be the best months for you to visit Switzerland. If you don't mind carrying some light jackets and woolies, sprinng and autumn too can be considered. I suggest you do some web search on Switzerland, loads of info is available.

Have fun...L, Kamla

3. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Thanks, Kamla..

Will get back to you if I need more info.,hoping that it should not be a botheration at all..

Rgds.

4. Sangeethabala

Sangeethabala New IL'ite

Hi Ami,
    I have posted a reply in Visiting switzerland--need tips ! also!

Actually iam living in Lausanne,its the Southern part of swiss,40mins drive from Geneva!

Best time to visit wud be from May to September,I wud say u can very clearly enjoy all the 4 seasons when u come to switzerland!

April to June --it will be ultimately Spring and its beutiful everywhere with Fresh Greenaries and beautiful Snow-capped mountains.
    July-Aug--Summertime--there u go -good time to visit and all the places will be open to reach the mountains.But i wud say--August(its a rainy season)
    September-Nov--Beautiful Autumn--u can enjoy the orange-yellow-green trees especially at Interlaken(a nice place with a calm and exclusive nature)!
    December-March-Its wintertime in swiss and most of the places will be closed except for Ski-run.

I shall post some list of good places to go around during the seasons in my future mails.
    Keep this mail flowing,:wave
    sangeetha.:2thumbsup:

5. roopam29

roopam29 New IL'ite

Hi Sangeetha,
    Your information is very useful. How far is Laussane from Geneva by eurail?

Currently I will be visiting Geneva from Jun 29th -Jul 12th with my husband on his [FONT=verdana,geneva,lucida,&quot][FONT=verdana,geneva,lucida,&quot]business [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=verdana,geneva,lucida,&quot][FONT=verdana,geneva,lucida,&quot]trip[/FONT][/FONT].
    We will be put up in a hotel.During this stay I want to travel in and around Geneva so that I can make use of the time, instead of just sitting in the [FONT=verdana,geneva,lucida,&quot][FONT=verdana,geneva,lucida,&quot]hotel [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=verdana,geneva,lucida,&quot][FONT=verdana,geneva,lucida,&quot]room[/FONT][/FONT] all day.Also I would like to know where the nearest and cheapest indian grocery store is located.
    Could you or if you know anyone, please help me with travelling in and around Geneva (is [FONT=verdana,geneva,lucida,&quot][FONT=verdana,geneva,lucida,&quot]eurail[/FONT][/FONT] the best option for a day trip or half-day trip), and also for indian grocery store? Also are there any homemakers in Geneva (Indian ladies) whom I can meet during the day just to get oriented to the place and make friends with?

Thanks and Regards,
    Roopa

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2008
  6. manjupriya

manjupriya New IL'ite

Hi All,

I am planning for a trip to Switzerland by the end of Aug or beginning of Sept. I know its kind of late to plan. I want to do it this year before Winter.

Can you give me some tips on which all places to visit in Swiss? Also I would be travelling from US to Swiss-stay for 5 to 7 days and then to India. So my main question would be: could I stay in one place (might be Lucerne or Interlaken) and go to diff places in Swiss during the day time and see all places (just to avoid the hassle of carrying my baggages everywhere)?

Thanks in advance!

-Manju

7. kaydora

kaydora New IL'ite

Hi Sangeeta,
    My daughter just moved to Lausanne a few days ago. I would really appreciate some help with Indian groceries/Indian food, friends, etc for her. Also, I am planning to visit next month. What should I bring for her as far as Indian groceries and food are concerned, which are not available locally?
    Thanks so much for your help.
    Kalyani.

8. anithamano

anithamano New IL'ite

Hi sangeetha,
    I saw ur post in indus.. and am planning to visit interlaken,geneva and montreaux in switzerland this november 2010 between 6th to 15th.. I read in the internet that this isnt the right time to visit..is it so?? how s the climate there now??? would u advise me to visit?? can u reply to this thread as early as possible??? waiting for ur reply.....