Grocery Budget

Discussion in 'Indians in Singapore' started by rhapsody, Dec 17, 2014.

1. rhapsody

rhapsody New IL'ite

Hello all,

We have just moved to Singapore,and i am still getting acquainted with basics like where to buy groceries and other household items.I wanted some help figuring out what kind of budget would I be looking at for groceries?Assuming I intend to make breakfast every day,lunch 5 times a week,and dinner 4 or 5 times a week at home.....90% of the time I would prefer to cook indian meals,once in a while italian or some other cuisine.Its just me and my husband,and we usually make either roti and sabzi,or dal and chawal,rarely all four together.Oh and yes,I dont cook meat at home,so thats one expense less.Also,we eat a decent amount of fruit,about 4 or 5 fruits daily,between two people.

Can someone please help me with an approximate budget we should be looking at?Assuming i buy my groceries,fruits and vegetables online/at mustafa/or one of the provision stores in little india?

Thank you for the help in advance!

2. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi,

I know it is a very late reply to this post. The budget for grocery totally depends on personal choices. Hope by now you have worked yours out :)