Any one moved from US (East coast) to Singapore recently?

Discussion in 'Indians in Singapore' started by ras574, Aug 22, 2014.

1. ras574

ras574 New IL'ite

Finally things are shaping up and we are close to moving to Singapore in next couple of months. Had been reading quite a lot of post about schools, place to live, shopping etc at Singapore. Quite excited / scared (After long time moving Internationally), but you all rock! Thanks for all your time and input, it means a lot to newbies like me. Lot of questions, I will list, if you anything pls share.

1. The cost (actual amount) for moving (per cubic feet cost how much) and best moving company from east cost-US to Sing.

2. I am looking for Apartments (No HDBs or Hi-rise Condos) with NO swimming pool (personal reason) walkable to Queenstown GIIS School (less than 1 km) - I have two small kids 5yrs & 7yrs, rent around S$4000. Please refer and if you know any good agents for apartment rental.

3. Is there anything must be bought from US which won't be available or any preferences?

4. Will Preethi mixie(just bought last month here in US with 110V) work with step down transmitter?

Thanks!

2. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Ras,

Welcome to SG. I am unable to help u with any of your queries, hope someone with knowledge on these replies soon.

Take care.

3. kriztina

kriztina Bronze IL'ite

Hi Ras574,

We were previously living in SG before moving to southwest of us. I have the same preeti mixie, thing is the juicer i brought from sg can't be efficiently used in US due to low voltage. Yeah i guess you must be able to use your mixie with a step down adapter. . Coming to rental checkout online rental sites. Or try to join fb SG pages. Which will help you out. Even we are moving to SG soon. Everything is pretty expensive in SG, especially electronic goods compared to US.

4. kriztina

kriztina Bronze IL'ite

It will be in your best interest to sell things off before moving to SG if the company isn't relocating you.