Laser Treatments for Darker Skin

Discussion in 'Indians in Singapore' started by AmlaP, Feb 6, 2014.

1. AmlaP

AmlaP New IL'ite

Hi, I have been this patch of hair that is clustered together on my arm which is very unsightly. I mostly wear long sleeved shirts as it is at the forearm, and because of it I don't really wear short sleeves or sleeveless unless I just waxed it, which doesn't help in Singapore's climate...
    I have been waxing it for the longest time but it is not a permanently effective.

I have been wanting to do laser hair removal treatment on it but after seeing a couple of doctors, they have all said that laser treatments are generally not recommended for darker skin because it picks up on it and may burn the skin.

Anyone knows of a treatment or doctor who might be able to help with this? I really want to remove it for life!

2. AmlaP

AmlaP New IL'ite

Hi, just thought I'd share.
    It's been a few months since I've been searching for a solution to my hairy situation and I'M SO HAPPY - I have FINALLY found it!
    If any of you are interested, there is a female doctor (female too!!), Dr Komathy, who has this technology called the Light Sheer Duet, it gets rid of my hair within 5 sessions and compared to the waxing, it is a cheaper alternative...yet with a more effective result!
    Best part is, it can be used on darker skin types too, which so safe! Highly recommend her and this machine.

If you are interested, you can find Dr Komathy at The Lifestyle Clinic, this is just the BEST invention ever to me.

1 person likes this.
  3. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Amla,

Thanks for sharing the info. It will be of use to those who are considering laser treatment.