Ready to eat chapatis... anyone???

Discussion in 'Indians in Singapore' started by IndianQueen, Apr 17, 2012.

1. IndianQueen

IndianQueen Silver IL'ite

Hi all,

I was wondering if there are any places that sell ready to eat chapattis in Singapore. I saw them once in Mustafa but again the stocks are limited. The chapatis that I bought from there didnt taste that good also... :bonkAny other stores that sell them apart from shops in Little India?

Anybody knows???

2. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi IQ,

You can get them in Fairprice itself. There are a lot of varieties as well :)

3. nikhath

nikhath Senior IL'ite

We've tried the Chinatown brand, itz strongly recommended. You can find it in any ntuc stores.

4. IndianQueen

Thanks for your replies.. tried at fairprice, hmmm.... are they always fat and thick?
    didnt like the taste at all... compared to home made ones... have to yet try the china one that one of you recommended...

5. madhumathi1974

madhumathi1974 Bronze IL'ite

HI, iam picking up these at mustafa only, they have changed places of putting them. i liked the ashoka brand rotis which r gud, oil free, soft till 2days too. iam using them from 2months regularly my fmly liked them very much. you get lot of varities too of the same brand allways the stock is there.

6. archana.kc

archana.kc Gold IL'ite

Try Kawan Brand. It is available at Sheng Siong, Fair price stores. Very soft, and nice!

7. chamu02

chamu02 Gold IL'ite

Hey IndianQueen ,
    Where do u put up ? If somewhere near Bedok MRT i can suggest you a traditional gujarati old aunty who is selling home made stuffed paratas and plain rotis and also if u look for sabzi , can order prior so that she will keep it ready for you . Very much cost effective for me @ that time (0.80 Cents a roti but i dont know how much is that now ). And also i have tried mustafa's all most all brands and kawan from NTUC. Somehow it didnt fascinate me...and i was not comfortable .But this aunty's roti , I have personally used it and had a habit of refrigerating it for ~3 weeks time . Everytime when i take 4-6 rotis out , i steam heat it in idly pan and had it . But it was a very long time back when my 2nd DD was 1.5 months to 9 months old. May be i can PM you her number if u r interested . But again am not sure if she is still there in that number . Can give a try !

8. mom2boys

mom2boys New IL'ite

Hi can you give me Gujrati aunty's number?

9. IndianQueen

Oh wow! I want her number as well....also if anyone knows any other person doing the same, selling homemade rotis, pls post here.... Or pm me....

10. Extever

Extever New IL'ite

Hi Please provide your number. I have one person who makes home made chapati.

Thanks,
    Extever.