Moving out of India first time....very tensed????pls help..

Discussion in 'IL'ites in Dubai' started by kshipra, Apr 25, 2010.

1. kshipra

kshipra Senior IL'ite

Hi

I am Mrs Rupali....my husband got a job in sharjah...his office located at Al khan road....i have one and half year baby girl....

I am coming soon to sharjah with my baby...may be in june or july....

I m very afraid of shifting to sharjah...as i dont know anything about the city....i dont know anybody over there....
    :spin

My husband will be looking for the home on rent...

I have lots of questions in my mind...:confused2:

1. wheather in sharjah??\
    2. lifestyle in sharjah??
    3. what to carry from mumbai to sharjah??
    4. Foods like grains, vegetables are easily available??
    5. Houses on rent are furnished or not??
    6. We need to buy all things like fridge, TV, AC, and other furniture??
    7. Cost of living in sharjah??
    8. Howz peoples in sharjah??
    9. Is the atmosphere is same like mumbai??
    10. any problem my baby will face??
    Pls guide me....i am very tensed...

regards,
    Mrs. rupali Prasad

2. oosha

oosha Bronze IL'ite

hi dear,

Welcome to U.A.E..

Sharjah is a good place and you should be happy and not scared...

Initially you will have issues managing with the baby and setting up a home and stuff, but please enjpoy your days and trust me, it would be easy.....

There are lot of ladies in Sharjah forum who can help you with every detail....

Dont carry any food stuff, unless its for your baby ... you get everything here.... Indians are in majority and you will be surprised to see many of them here.....

Home, furniture and all depends on your hubby's company rules, do they provide accomodation or you will be on your own.....

Dubai and Sharjah are not very far and you will not face any major difficulites here...
    YOu may miss your family initially, but Life goes on.

Am sure many others will pour in thier views,
    I just penned down to make you comfortable.....

take care and prepare yourself for a new lifestyle and a good country .............

cheers,

1 person likes this.
  3. parusabari

parusabari Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    Welcome to this lovely place. There is nothing to get tensed at all. It is a good place but the only things you will miss is friends and relatives here.

Climate is U.A.E are hot hotter hottest from April to October and then winter starts from November mid and till March the climate is really good.
    You will find this place similar to Mumbai very crowded- road traffic more than rail traffic of mumbai.
    Carry all the indian type of utensils you may need like heavy based kadai, mixie.Steel vessels are a bit expensive here.
    Food grains are easily available here in all stores and there are indian based stores like DATAR, Al ADIL which cater to the indian taste buds all types of food items as available in India. But do carry all masalas if you can, like homemade garam masala, some pickles and papads etc

Furnished apartments are available but it is advisable to take a home on lease and furnish it yourself.

Furniture are available from second hand shops called as Used furniture shops and also branded ones are available easily and the market is very vast.

For the kids you will get a lot of good docs available for help whenever needed.
    Based on the area you wish to get a house.........if needed we can provide basic address of docs and names of some nursery if you would like to enroll him into some activity class.

This place is so filled with so many varities of food in each and everysection from milk, biscuits, juices and choclates for kids that you will be surprised initially.
    Also veggies are available fresh and throughout the year you will get every variety in the local shops.

Initially money will be spent on setting a home but later you can save if you spend wisely.

Take care.......pack your bags and be ready for a new grahapravesh.

Love,
    Parvathi.

1 person likes this.
  4. kshipra

kshipra Senior IL'ite

Hi,

Thanks r a lot for the information...it really released my tension...

I will be coming alone with my baby....my husband will come first...

Did we get the maid easily in sharjah???

I heard that travelling is really a problem in sharjah...is it so....do we need to buy a vehicle???

Regards
    Mrs Rupali

5. parusabari

parusabari Silver IL'ite

Hello,

You seem to be very excited and tensed. Relax you are coming to a lovely place.

The only thing you have to take a bit of precaution is if you are pure vegetarian...since you will have to look for many non animal fat products like in cheese, some choclates, noodles etc. Or if you are nonvegetarian you will not even have a bit of hassle.

Maid servants are available in plenty. For good reliable Maid servants you can contact your building watchman who will happily help you out in most occassions.

Here you cannot directly buy a vehicle unless you or your hubby gets a driving licence.

Travelling is only by road so it is either by bus or taxi. There are plenty of Taxi who will take you to the required destinations but generally the charges are high so people travel by taxi only when most needed. Or the people who dont have vehicles will be helped by their friends who own vehicles.
    There will be many friends willing to help you when you land up here. All have come to this place leaving their relatives and family behind and all remember their first times...so defy you will get many helping hands.

Parvathi.

Last edited: May 3, 2010
  6. kshipra

kshipra Senior IL'ite

Thanks a lot Pravathi....

Just waiting to come to Sharjah....We will meet soon:)

Regards
    MRs Rupali:)

7. kiranmisra

kiranmisra New IL'ite

Hi Rupali,

Welcome to Sharjah. I have been living here for the last 9months and you bet the experience is really very nice and one to remember forever. You will really enjoy each and every day of being in Sharjah. Child will be more than happy to move. There is so much to see and explore. I myself have two children (8 and 2) and was really sceptical about coming here but I am very happy that I came here.

There are 24 hrs open superstores and marts and you will get everything and anything.

Regds,

Kiran Misra

8. jpatni

jpatni New IL'ite

Hi Kiran and all

Im from Delhi ..actually lived all my life in Kuwait and now here in Sharjah Buhaira corniche ..a good builidng ..Where r you from Kiran ?? i have two boys 7 and years old ..Twin boys ..Do keep in touch and when nd where can we meet ..maybe in City centre Sharjah ..??

Rgrds Jo

9. dakshata

dakshata New IL'ite

hi rupali this is dakshata,i m from chembur-mumbai,v r in sharjah since 3 yrs,mine was also same situation like urs,me marathi,i think u r also marathi,my baby is 20 months now,my baby was just 3 months when i brought her here,dont worry for ur baby,everything wil b fine once u r settled,just let m know which area in sharjah r u staying,by the way welcome to sharjah!!!

10. prema1702

prema1702 Junior IL'ite

hi dakshata,

Thanks for the reply....I am staying in al quasimia area....near kia motors..where u r staying...

regards
    kshipra