Coming to Dammam...Khobar..

Discussion in 'Indians in Eastern Province' started by sapnasanthosh, Jul 8, 2009.

1. sapnasanthosh

sapnasanthosh New IL'ite

Hiii

I am sap...my husband recently got an offer in a company there with family visa plus basic 6500 SR plus 3 basic accomodation plus transporting allowance...We have 1-year-old kid also...he is planning to come there next month or so...can u guide me about the place, the housing, cost of living there, about articles we have to buy and their amount like furnitures, kitchen utensils, etc..can we live there in this salary in a better way...what about me and our kid going there...how long it will take for both of us to reach there? Hope u can give me a better advice as early as possible...also I heard about ladies using Parda. Is dressing strict for ladies there..i usually prefers sarees and salwars...is that okay there???

Please please give me a good advice....

Thank you

Sap

2. sapnasanthosh

sapnasanthosh New IL'ite

Hiii

I am sap...my husband recently got an offer in a company there with family visa plus basic 6500 SR plus 3 basic accomodation plus transporting allowance...We have 1-year-old kid also...he is planning to come there next month or so...can u guide me about the place, the housing, cost of living there, about articles we have to buy and their amount like furnitures, kitchen utensils, etc..can we live there in this salary in a better way...what about me and our kid going there...how long it will take for both of us to reach there? Hope u can give me a better advice as early as possible...also I heard about ladies using Parda. Is dressing strict for ladies there..i usually prefers sarees and salwars...is that okay there???

Please please give me a good advice....

Thank you

Sap

3. shams

shams New IL'ite

Hello sapnasanthosh,

Welcome to IL,

Dammam khobar, 6500sr, + family visa + 3 housing is good and its more than enough.

really whole saudi arabia is not much expensive ... u can find furnish apartments starts from 1200/- to 1800/- riyals per month and monthly expenses for a small family not more than 2000/- riyals (it maximam).

If u r looking for furnish apartments. no need to buy furnitures, kitchen utensils, etc.

yes ladies should use parda here, but compare to Riyadh Khobar is not much strict for ladies, just need to wear black dress on ur sareee n salwar.

Shams

4. sapnasanthosh

sapnasanthosh New IL'ite

Thank you very much shams...can u tell me one more thing...how much time it will take for me and my kid to join my hubby...as we want to go as soon as possible...

5. shams

shams New IL'ite

Its totally depends upon the company ... if company send visa papers immediately after you husband arrival. it will took at least 10-15 for endorsement and stamping.

In SAUDI ARAB thinks move very slow....

6. sapnasanthosh

sapnasanthosh New IL'ite

Thank you shams....thanks for this valuable information...i except more detail replies from other friends in this forum also....

7. madhumathi1974

madhumathi1974 Bronze IL'ite

Hi sapna,

it is all that shams said, ladies have to wear parda on dress what ever we wear. ramdam times it is strict like we have to cover our head with chunni or something thats it, comparing to riyadh and other places they say khobar is better as i havent been to riyadh till now, iam staying in khobar from 2yrs iam happy and cool tooo.

cost of living is not expensive so dont worry. and about fmly visa that depends wholly on company, i have joined my hubby after three months. so if ur company permits and grants visa immd then ur can come on.

bye and takecare.

8. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sapna,

We look forward to your arrival in Saudi Arabia :).
    Hope you must have gathered all the information that you may require from here. You may peep into Advice Required on Living in Saudi also for details.

As mentioned by friends here, visa for the family depends on the sponsor. I arrived here exactly 2 months after my husband landed.
    All the best for a smooth relocation :thumbsup.

Bye

9. sapnasanthosh

sapnasanthosh New IL'ite

Hiii friends..

Thanks alot for supporting me...May i ask some more question.

1. I am working as a medical transcriptionist here, now doing work at home as my kid is just 1-year-old...Can i continue my job there or else may i get such type of jobs there also, so that i can look after my kid and also could earn by myself...:wave

2. Shall i have to keep parda from here itself when coming there...or can use after reaching ..

Last edited: Jul 14, 2009
  10. madhumathi1974

madhumathi1974 Bronze IL'ite

hi sapna,

You can wear parda after reaching here, but if u are coming in the time of ramdan then it is gud to carry and wear it in airport here. so that no one will question you.

And reagarding your job here ladies dont get scuh jobs, they can work as teachers, doc, and nurses. so after coming here you can try to your choice and join.

bye and takecare.