home remedy for cough

Discussion in 'Indians in Doha' started by ramya, Apr 10, 2009.

1. ramya

ramya New IL'ite

Hi,

Could anyone pls suggest home remedy for quick relief from cough for kids........

Thanx

ramya

2. surya123

surya123 Senior IL'ite

cinnamon and honey is good for cold and couugh.......mix cinnamon of 1 tbsp in honey and make a paste of it and ask them to eat it......daily twice.....its good for all allergies also.....
    and one more thing is " oragon" oil.... this is very hard i mean..." very spicy" have u heard of "warm water" ......sme thing like that....... u get that in pharmacy.......take that one drop daily twice.....it also cures in 1 to 2 days....

Last edited: Apr 11, 2009
  3. ramya

ramya New IL'ite

Thanx a lot dear........

4. shahnazshakeel

shahnazshakeel Senior IL'ite

hi ramya,

had just received this f/w msg. for treatment for cough. pl.try it out. may be it might give some relief to your child. hoping a speedy recovery.

Treatment:
    To stop night time coughing in a child (or an adult, as we found out personally), put Vicks Vapor Rub generously on the bottom of the feet at bedtime and then cover with socks.

Even persistent, heavy, deep coughing will stop in about five minutes and stay stopped for many, many hours of relief. This works 100 percent of the time, and is more effective in children than even very strong prescription cough medicines.

5. ramya

ramya New IL'ite

hey thanx a lot dear.......

6. Vaishnave

Vaishnave Senior IL'ite

Hi,

Also, I used to give my 2-year-old kid with juice of small onions (Shallots) with ginger and honey in empty stomach. It works well. Even if small onions are not available, replace with normal onions.

Vaishnave

7. Triza

Triza New IL'ite

Hi Ramya,

Crush a piece of ginger and take the juice out of it. Keep it aside for some seconds, some sediments will be deposited at the bottom, dont use that.
    Take the top layer water mix with honey and lemon juice all in equal proportion and give to kids before going to bed.For 1 yr old take 1/2 ml each and increase the amount depending the age of the child. u can continue it for 5 days. From my experience, it works better than antibiotics.

Triza

8. surya123

surya123 Senior IL'ite

ya what shahnaz told is right......it does help......try it. i too heard that and saw practically fo my sisters kids......it does work.

9. ramya

ramya New IL'ite

Hi Shahnaz,

Thanx a lot......ur VIcks Vaporub trick for cough really worked......i wasnt sure of it initially, but my baby's cough which was persisting for 3 days disappeared in no time.......

Thanx again dear.....

regards,

ramya

10. reenur

reenur Senior IL'ite

Hi,

Ginger juice ,small onionjuice, honey and lime juice,take all this in equal quantity and mix well.we can keep this mixture for 24 hrs and give this 1tsp, 4-5 times a day.It is really effective,Igive only this to my kids when they have cough.

Reenu