Relocating To Doha ....Help Needed

Discussion in 'Indians in Doha' started by indian2014, Feb 19, 2014.

1. ahilakaran

ahilakaran Silver IL'ite

As Sharmila told most of the companies here provide transport facility .. or atleast they should provide transport allowance..

and reg RP we can apply even before completing 6 months.. but its a risk factor that you should take. if the company applies your RP, then i hope it would be easy before 6 months.

2. ais_1982

ais_1982 Silver IL'ite

HI,

One of my schoolmates lives in Qatar and she is terrorising me saying that i wont get spouse visa and i wont get admission for my kid...so dont come to Qatar...They are restrincting Indians and stuff like that...My husband's company is reputed and they have told him they will take the responsibility of processing his and then the family visa as well...Is it tough to get visa????Also how many weeks will it take to join my husband??? I am really worried as this is a big decision for us to relocate...

Also which area is good to look out for unfurnished and decent flats??? I have a 2 year old and i need to put her in play school when i go there...Can u specify any areas that we can look for flats where we can get indian families to mingle with??? But not very crowded as welll///

Thanks in advance...

3. seemaravindran

seemaravindran New IL'ite

Dear All,

I have searched thru the forums for the questions that I am asking below, BUT please can you give me latest information because I believe that cost of living in Qatar has gone up in last few years..

Note - Accommodation is paid by Qatar Petroleum.

1. Total Monthly expenses for family of 3 people (elect, Phone, internet, FOOD)

2. Cost of full time maid or nanny for kid ( as I may start working..) ?

3. Is it difficult to get full time maid or nanny ?

4. If Doha is safe for womens ?

5. Can I work in Doha ?
    ( any special visa formalities required...)

6. My husband will work at QP near Qatar National Museum, please tell good family suburbs near this location ?

7. If local people in Doha are good (in general) ?
    because I heard that some Arab countries are rude.

8. If Qatar Petroleum is a good employer..?

9. I heard that once you resign from Job, then you are not allowed to enter Qatar for 2 years. Is this True ?

10. If changing employer can be difficult in Qatar ?

sorry, too many questions :)

Thanks
    Seema

4. MadhuSharmila

MadhuSharmila IL Hall of Fame

Hi Ais,

Though its true that getting a Resident permit for family is getting tough but that doesn't mean that you will not get it at all. And, if the company is reputed, you need not worry about it. If your papers are clear, then you will get it for sure.

At this point, you need not worry about School admission, since your kid is 2 yrs old. Many new schools are coming up and school admission might not be an issue in another 2 years. And also, this is the best time to relocate, as you don't have a school going kid.

After your husband gets his RP, you can come on a visit visa and then change it to an RP as for processing RP you need House contract copy, Water Electricity bill and Bank statement. Indian families are there almost everywhere. Once your husband comes here, he could choose a location best suited for you people. You can choose a location close to your husband's office as it saves time for him in the heavy traffic here.

5. MadhuSharmila

MadhuSharmila IL Hall of Fame

Hi Seema,

Welcome here!!!

Please find the answers below :)

6. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

Ais_1982, You need not worry about the visa thing as your husband's company is a reputed one.It is getting tough here but since your hubby has got his Visa (+his company being reputed) you need not worry about it.You can come along with your hubby if his company applies visit visa for you.It would be for 6 months.Your RP should be ready by then if everything goes fine.

You can try Hilal,Gharaffa,Madinat Khalifa,Abu Hamour,Aziziya,Ain Khalid etc.These are not so crowded places.Bu if you want something inside the city with easy access to all main areas, you will be forced to choose a somewhat crowded place.

Good luck to you!

7. bhuvnidhi

8. bhuvnidhi

1. Total Monthly expenses for family of 3 people (elect, Phone, internet, FOOD)

Here you go:

Electricity & Water :400
    Phone : A decent package of 1 mobile+landline+internet over it will come to 750 Qrs.Additional mobile 200 or 250 depending on the package you choose.
    Grocery : 1500 Qrs per mnth.

2. Cost of full time maid or nanny for kid ( as I may start working..) ?

I had a maid while I was working who had a free Visa.She asked me around 1500 Qrs per mnth.

3. Is it difficult to get full time maid or nanny ?

Yes, it is difficult to find a good full time maid with visa.But it is not impossible.

4. If Doha is safe for womens ?

Compared to India it is pretty safe.

5. Can I work in Doha ?
    ( any special visa formalities required...)

You can work in Doha even under your husband sponsorship.

6. My husband will work at QP near Qatar National Museum, please tell good family suburbs near this location ?

You can find accommodation in corniche area,Airport area,Matar kadeem,Hilal,Mughalina,Najma,Al-Rawda etc..

7. If local people in Doha are good (in general) ?
    because I heard that some Arab countries are rude.

:)
    8. If Qatar Petroleum is a good employer..?

Excellent Employer.

9. I heard that once you resign from Job, then you are not allowed to enter Qatar for 2 years. Is this True ?

True.But I have heard QP provides NOC which means the ban does not apply to you.So it should not be an issue for your hubby.

10. If changing employer can be difficult in Qatar ?
    If you get new job, I have heard QP provides NOC.

sorry, too many questions

Thanks
    Seema[/QUOTE]

2 people like this.