Change in Visa details

Discussion in 'Indians in Doha' started by MadhuSharmila, Jul 1, 2012.

1. MadhuSharmila

MadhuSharmila IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ilites,

I would like to share with you all a situation that we faced in my MIL's Visa.

We applied a visit visa for her and while receiving checked the correctness of her name and passport number in the Visa. We booked the tickets online and went to the airlines for updating the Visa info. It was found that the date of birth was mentioned wrongly. Somehow, we missed to notice that. The airlines official told that it is not advisable to travel as the immigration dept. in the home country may stop as the DOB is incorrect.

Then, we went to the Immigration department here in Doha and told them the issue. They changed the DOB immediately as per the PP and re-issued a new one :)

I felt sharing this might be useful to someone encountering the same problem.

2. akanksha999

akanksha999 Silver IL'ite

I faced an even worse problem while travelling to UAE, my place of birth was incorrect and while the immigration people cleared me in India (maybe they also missed it as I had) the airlines refused to let me board. Can you imagine my state when while boarding the plane, I was refused at the last minute!

3. MadhuSharmila

MadhuSharmila IL Hall of Fame

I could imagine how hard it will be... We need to double check all these. Otherwise, we need to land into such situations :spin...