visa for parents

Discussion in 'Indians in Doha' started by rejukrish, Apr 22, 2012.

1. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

Prasi and Reju,Yes there is an immigration office in messaimer.There is one in Wakrah also now.You can bring people of age over 60 .But it purely depends on your luck(or captain's mood?????)

2. netfragerin

netfragerin New IL'ite

I am wondering if anyone recently done visa applications for parents and in laws from Doha? I would like to know the procedure.
    Or there any reliable agents or persons in Doha whom I can approach who will do everything for a fee?
    please share if you have any recent experience
    thanks a lot

3. seenamanoj

seenamanoj New IL'ite

Now the max you can get is 1+2 total 3 months. Like with all rules, there are "exceptions".... but the age criteria is 65 for sure and not 60. gud luck.

4. MadhuSharmila

MadhuSharmila IL Hall of Fame

Hi Netfragerin,

We have done it recently for both my mom and in-laws. You can do it by yourself. Visa application typing services are provided in the Muntazah area. There is one near Al Bahar (Hope I remember the name correctly) shop. Get the application typed from them as it has to be done in Arabic. Go to them with the passport copies of your parents/in-laws along with yours.

You will be the sponsor for your parents and in-laws and you have to sign in the application. Along with that, you need to provide your contract copy, Salary certificate, Rental agreement, passport and RP copies of yours and your wife and NOC from your sponsor to bring them. You can aso have your Bank statement handy. You can produce it if they ask you. You can also check at the application typing centre. They could guide you about the required documents.

You can directly go to the immigration dept and submit the application along with the above mentioned documents. They will verify it and give you a Visa reference number. If everything is ok, you will get the visa in 3 working days. You can track the status of the Visa in the moi(ministry of interior) site.

1 person likes this.
  5. netfragerin

netfragerin New IL'ite

Thank you.
    our experience. PRO from company filled the form and gave a supporting letter in arabic. we took this into immigration and submitted. Asked us to check in 3 days. next day itself online we saw that it is ready. we went and paid the charges and got the printouts. we had some doubts if visa will be issued as the age is over 60.
    fortunately it worked out.

6. rejukrish

rejukrish New IL'ite

Thank you so much....its a great news for us...

7. andrew9

andrew9 New IL'ite

All the information given by you is really good. Thanks for this.

8. rejukrish

rejukrish New IL'ite

I have a good news to share. I got visa for my Mother in law who is 68 years. My hubbys PRO prepared all paper for us and requested my hubby to deposit in Madinat khalifa. Intially we were thinking that we have to meet the captain and get his approval etc, which we read in many forumns. When our turn came, we just approched the staff and we had some additional documents like bank statement, house contract etc. However the lady at the counter just enquired if she is our mother, and said no need to attach all document. She immediately printed the receipt and asked us to come after 3 days. My hubby called our pro to check if there is any possiblility of rejection after the verification. He assured that since we have reciept that means it is approved. On 3rd day, the visa was ready for printing and she is entering doha on 1st of February. So I just thought of sharing these details to hightlight that the process is simple and not that much complicated from our experience.