CBSE or CBSE-i : Which curriculam seems to be better(Specific to Doha schools)

Discussion in 'Indians in Doha' started by bhuvnidhi, Jan 8, 2011.

1. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ladies,
    2011 has started with such a big confusion for me :bonk.My DD's school had called us for an orientation program today for all the parents whose kids are in KG2,II ,V,VI,X .This is to let the parents know what CBSE-i is all about and to clear our doubts regarding CBSE-i.

All of us know how the education system is in Doha.After the orientation program , this is what I could conclude.

1. CBSE-i is a very good curriculum if incorporated properly.
    2. The teachers are being trained to participate in this curriculum.(With just a year of introduction , I would assume that we are guinea pigs here.Anyways I do not mind as long as the kids are taught good concepts).
    3. No separate teachers as of now for CBSE and CBSE-i.
    4. The infrastructure however is not ready.
    5. No CBSE-i schools back in India.
    6. But we will be left with no-option after few years as CBSE-i will have an edge over CBSE in foreign countries.
    7. Most importantly ,THE FEES WILL BE 40% MORE THAN THE CBSE CURRICULUM.
    Point #3,4,5 & ofcourse #7 leaves me in a perplexed state.As these 3 points look so ominous for me.

If I opt for CBSE now, then I am worried about point #6.

Ladies , please pour in some ideas.Is there any mom out here whose kid is already in CBSE-i curriculum?

1 person likes this.

2. bhuvnidhi

No reply from anyone???:drowning

3. nriindian

nriindian Bronze IL'ite

Hi Bhuvana,

• Sorry darling..Since My DD's school doesnt have such an option..i really have no clue.
    • But what is the major factor that is different between the two.
    • is it the mode of teaching or is it the Syllabus.
    • in what way is it worth all that premium that you are asking to be paid
    • is it really worth all that money or is it just a mkting strategy adopted to lure the parents to take up the newly introduced system.
    • when the CBSE I student go back to India do they have an upper hand in consideration to their counterparts in India, for instance,NRI usually go back to India when children are in the 9th class or so.At that point would the CBSE I student be able to out perform their counterparts there having been in the so called I curriculum .
    • What is the competitive advantage an CBSE I student have over CBSE student.
    A few points to ponder...........

4. Pinkorchid

Pinkorchid New IL'ite

Dear bhuvnidhi,
    i am in the same dilemma as urs.

cbse- i curriculum is definetly better than cbse.

my concern is that if we later shift 2 india will the child be able 2 adjust in cbse or icse curriculum?

regards,
    pinkorchid:hiya

5. bhuvnidhi

Exactly , Praseeda!I have the same apprehensions when I heard about this CBSE.Though the school assures that it will not be difficult for the students to get transitioned to CBSE , I seriously doubt this.

Pinkorchid, Thanks for dropping in.Looks like we all have the same doubts which has to be clarified.

The school claims that eventually all the schools will be moving towards CBSE-i.So is it okay if we put our kids in CBSE-i when things have changed for good?

6. Priyaalagu

Priyaalagu Silver IL'ite

hey I have yet another year to worry abt this., but i saw in chennai schools thread that cbse has upgraded its sys in india also as CCE- comphrensive & continous evaluation. Not sure if this will match with this cbse-i here but jus to update u so u can dig more:)

7. asha_ram

asha_ram Silver IL'ite

Dear Bhuvi

We will be moving 2 qatar shortly and iam confused about cbse & cbse-i syllabus. Is cbse-i worth the extra fees. pls share ur personal reviews . what is the practical difference one can find. ( My daughter is 4 yrs old).TIA

8. bhuvnidhi

Hi Asha , I think you have a year left to worry about CBSE-i.It starts from Grade 1.I have a mixed opinion about CBSE-i now as there was a major teacher exodus in DMIS last year and we are not so comfortable this year.Things are completely different this year and we are just hoping it would improve.CBSE-i suffers in this as it is a new concept and curriculum for a lot of teachers.

9. asha_ram

asha_ram Silver IL'ite

Hi Bhuvi

Thanks for the reply. So right now Iam not going to worry on this. Lets see how things change next year.

10. sunithapandey

sunithapandey Senior IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

My husband has got a job offer from qatar rail. Today he has to resign here so that he can join there in the first week of april(2 months notice period). Now the problem is my son is studying in 10th grade dps sharjah, and we have to seek admission for eleventh grade in dps doha. But I think the classes for 11th grade will start from april 1st week itself. My husband's visa is ready but for me and my son the visa processing will take time i suppose.

So, what should we do? I dont want my son to miss classes in eleventh grade. If he has to then I will ask my husband not to accept the offer.

Please reply asap. Please help.

Sunitha