1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

moving from india to andover north boston

Discussion in 'Indians in Boston' started by vinanthi, Nov 22, 2014.

1. vinanthi

vinanthi New IL'ite

Dear folks,

I am vinanthi myself , my kid of 22 monthsexpanses hubby is going to us Boston and his work in in north Andover.

I heard from so many sources that Andover is lil costlier and a snowy city

My qquestions, are is car very essential for our 2 years stay.
    I want to put ,my son in a montessorie school is there any school near by. With affordable cost

My hubby is salary in us is not meeting our expectations And savings when we return to india is not crossing more than 5 lakhs.

Would like ur. Valuable inputs.

Will my son able to adapt to the culture and climate change.

Thanks
    Vinanthi

2. CrayoNess

CrayoNess Platinum IL'ite

I lived in neighboring town (North Andover) for three years. It is a lovely old town and the climate is great. Warm and sunny summers, beautifully foliage in fall, snowy winters and early spring. There are some public transportation but car is quite essential. Andover have one of the best schools in the area. Your child so young that schools not yet relevant for a few years.

3. sknew

sknew New IL'ite

hi vinanthi,

we live in north andover too, yes its little bit costlier but very nice city . definitely car is very essential thing to live in us even if you wanna stay here for few months but as yu said you are planing to live here for 2 years so you definitely need it. as i said it is a great school area . kids are so fast once your kid starts going to school he should definitely adopt the culture and climate . Hope you are enjoying living in the city . ping me if yu have any more questions.

4. Sofiya123

Sofiya123 New IL'ite

Hi,

Anyone living in Andover/North Andover now. I want to know about the Indian community and preschool. Please suggest.