1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Anybody living in north brunswick

Discussion in 'Indians in Edison' started by srichakri, Mar 11, 2009.

1. srichakri

srichakri New IL'ite

Hello,

i moved from seattle to NJ few months back and live in North brunswick, i am looking for friends. Staying home was really bore especially during winters.

2. ishani07

ishani07 New IL'ite

Hi Sri
    I am Planning to move to New jersey this JUne as I am starting my Residency at saint Peters Hospital in New brunswick.Can you please give me an opinion regarding your aprtment and any other good apartments you know
    Safety,Bed bus=gs /roaches problems,Maintanance,Day care for children
    Thanks in advance
    Hope to hear back from you

3. thendral09

thendral09 New IL'ite

Hi Shri/Ishani,

I too planning to move to north brunswick after 2 or 3 months.Can u plz suggest me some good 2BR apartments where indians r there.I dont hav much friends in my current place.So I wud be very happy if i move to a apartment where i can get indian friends.BTW i planned to check for renaissance in north brunswick ,plz suggest me ur choices of apartments in north brunswick

Thank you,bye

4. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

I am in renaissance :)

5. thendral09

thendral09 New IL'ite

Hi Nandhu

Good to hear ur in north brunswick renaissanc:)
    Iam planning to shift over there after 2 or 3 months?
    What is your experience(like management,maintenance,safety etc etc..) with the apartment? It would be very helpful to know.
    And how about the commute from there to Manhattan?

thankyou :)

6. vpriya

vpriya Senior IL'ite

Thendral, i dont live in renaissance but heard it is a good place, u have grocery store and other stores very close by, dont have to come out to the main road too. opposite the appartments i have seen indian grocery store and anjappar chettinadu hotel. close to other major stores too. it is a convenient place. but i think Nandshyam can give u more details.

we mostly come there for anjappar hotel. :)

7. thendral09

thendral09 New IL'ite

Hi vpriya

Thanx for the info.I too like u ,mostly used to go there for anjappar and parivaar hotel :)
    BTW u r also living in north brunswick?

8. Nandshyam

It's a perfect residential place. No noise (Coming from New york) that's a blessing :) Also all buildings are new.. 2002-2005 built.
    Earlier when we were in Edison, our PSEG bill would skyrocket because of the old system in place.. Here both in winter and summer.. Heater and AC comes up pretty fast and my bill is approx $100 (Gas+Electricity)

But if you are traveling to NY, commute will be an issue.. not as easy as it would be in metropark or edison or metuchen... The nearest station is JErsey ave and new brunswick.Are you can take a bus which is 10 mins drive from renaissance. The travel time to NY is 1.5 hrs door to door.. that sucks.. But we are ok, since the place is awesome..

The indian grocery next to anjappar is a rip off. There are many little india's nearby - Rt.27 and also in george's st..So we shop around there.

9. vpriya

vpriya Senior IL'ite

Thendral is parivaar hotel good? how is chopstick nearby? is it good? never tried these two.
    i live near princeton but love NB area becos i shop more in shoprite and always wanted a shoprite nearby home. or else weekly grocery is a hassle.

Nandu, thanks for letting us know the subzi mandi is rip off. we mostly buy in rt 27 or asian market, but always think i should try it when we come to anjappar.
    100$ pseg bill is amazing, for how much sqft or how many rooms?
    ours is old building and we too pay high.

10. Nandshyam

Ours is a townhome type, 2 levels, approx 2000 sqft.. My friend next to my block gets around $125 or so.. I guess I play a part too.. i am a crazy person when it comes to this.. i switch off all unnecessary stuff :spin:spin appo appo.. :)