1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Lost my camera :(

Discussion in 'Indians in New Jersey' started by Cindhuja, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

hi all,

Few dayz ago i posted a thread about my long weekend trip with photos. http://www.indusladies.com/forums/travel/30637-my-long-weekend-trip-pa.html . But then i didnt know it could be the last snaps of that camera :(

Last saturday me and my husband went to visit NY. First we went to Ellis ISland & Liberty statue and got down from the ferry in NY. All the way we took snaps nearly around 60-70 pics walking and enjoying NY streets.

When we entered Chinatown it was almost evening, thought of going to the restroom, so we went inside Wendy's so that we can also have a evening snack. There was a very big Q infront of the Loo, nearly 15 were there. I hesitated a lot and came back, but my hubby asked to wait in the Q patiently so did I. That was the biggest mistake. Till then i had the camera, since i was in the Q i gave it to my hubby and he waited in the front section for nearly 15 mins for me. He totally forgot that he took over the camera from me. In front of him 2 men were sitting, chatting and commenting others in a bad language itseems. My hubby was really irritated to be there, so as soon as he saw me he got up from the chair and went out. It was hardlly less than 1 min, we realized we kept the camera in wendy's itself.

As we were just 2, 3 shops far from we rushed inside and searched all over. Infact i got into the restroom too to check if i had missed it there. 2 ladies thought i by-passed the Q to get into the restroom, then i had to xplain the situation and check properly.

Looking at us searching all over few people came to us and clarified whether we were searching for a camera? We thought that someone had given it to the front reception but No. They said that the 2 men who were sitting near my husband took the camera and ran away in secs.

None of us were not able to do anything other than keep worrying. Many said it is quite common in that area :( as it is fully crowded the whole day.

It was really good camera we have nearly 1000's and 1000's of snaps taken out of it. We really lost our outing mood and felt like going back home asap.

2. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Feeling very sad Cindhuja..I felt as if it happened to me.Some things happen like this.We have to be careful.Long ago my uncle(Photographer) lost his costly camera in a bus.Cheer up..

3. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Cindhuja,

Too bad to know that you lost your camera:-(

Yes, I had keenly read about your trip in that thread and as mentioned there, was eagerly waiting for further snaps...

Okay never mind....its gone.....It happens sometimes....we have to be alert with our belongings.... specially in crowded places...

Anyway forget it....and treasure the moments spend together there...

Bye and Cheer up...

4. santasekar

santasekar Senior IL'ite

Hi cinduja
    I felt very much for you ......i know the pain of loosing something ! But if it had to go it will go ......dont be thinking of it anymore . forget that camera we can always get one new one . People who snatch others things dont realise how much pain it gives to the owner . World is like that .lets be careful !

Regards
    Santasekar

5. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Dear cindhuja

I am so sorry to hear about your camera being lost.
    It happened to us too, my hubby's expensive camera got lifted at the SF airport years ago.
    I found a website that you may want to check.
    www.Ifoundyourcamera.net
    The intent is that if someone found it and posts the pictures, one can track the camera.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2008
  6. malar_arasi

malar_arasi Silver IL'ite

Thats too bad.. I loved your pictures taken on that trip... but its ok Cheer up girl.... you can always get a new camera start roaming around places again

7. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Dear Supriya, Saraswathi, SantaSekar, Usha and Malar Arasi,

Thanks a lot all of you. Right now i am ok. But that day we really felt bad. Anyways now we are looking for a good deal in amazon and edeal :)