1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Moving to Parsippany, NJ

Discussion in 'Indians in New Jersey' started by Aneesolu, Jun 24, 2015.

1. Aneesolu

Aneesolu New IL'ite

Hello,
    My family is moving to Parsippany, NJ from India around September timeframe. Office is in Parsippany, NJ and may have to travel to NYC once a week - can you please suggest a good place to find a home? Looking for a good school district - my daughter will be in Grade 1 and also easier commute to NYC.

Any help will be great! Thanks so much!

2. seagreen

seagreen Gold IL'ite

You can consider Summit.
    It's one of the best school districts and you get a train directly to NYC. Parsipanny will be a 20-25 mins drive from there, depending on the rush hr and how far ur house/offc is from highway.
    Other good school districts are Chatham, Madison, New providence, Morristown - Not many indians there though.
    I myself am moving to Madison end of next month. The benfits outweigh the issues i.e. very good schools and very very safe town.
    All these towns have a train to NYC althought the summit station is much bigger with trains leaving at higher frequency.

Parsipanny has a lot of indian population, if thats a important factor. Not sure about school quality there.

3. curiousgals78

curiousgals78 Gold IL'ite

rockaway :10 min to parsippany and good schools, safe neighbourhood. not many indians. good commute to NYC.

parsippany: good schools, many indians , two montessori schools too but need to register ahead and many public schools . good commute to NYC.

4. Aneesolu

Aneesolu New IL'ite

Thanks for your reply. We are also looking for indian based day care for my son.
    Any idea on good pockets of Edison? I know there are some areas not safe there - any suggestion would be great. Priorities: Good schools, commute to NYC, safety. Thanks a lot.