1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Stay at home mom in USA?

Discussion in 'Indians in New Jersey' started by anika987, Jul 23, 2013.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

will life get better if I go to work?
    I am not very career oriented but I get bored easily.
    I got married after college.During college days, life was fun.Now..that too being in America and not much friends or people around,life is horrible at time.I feel as though I made a mistake coming here.Is it possible to have a better life here?

I was thinking to study something and take up some job.will it ease tension.

I want to LIVE life not SURVIVE.

That's how I feel here.is it possible to be happy?is life better in India?

2. superwoman09

superwoman09 Gold IL'ite

It is possible to be happy no matter where you are. If you feel that life would have been better or different in India, that thinking is wrong. First of all try to find out what it is that makes you feel so. Is it that you have free time at hand after child goes to school, then you can try out some hobby classes. Try finding out what makes you happy. there are many ways to keep yourself busy. Going out for long walks, meeting with friends, doing something creative - cooking- embroidering -painting -upcycling things, reading books, cleaning around the house, volunteering at libraries or schools.

If you feel tired doing all the work by yourself then once in a while you can employ a maid from a maid service or try to make that routine interesting by finding out different ways or changing the routine a little bit. or keep child in daycare for a little while and have some "me" time.

Find out what is it that you are feeling sad/upset about and try to find a solution to it. It will not help you if you just keep thing about "what ifs" you will be happy if you find the solution to your problems.

1 person likes this.