1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Best Indian restaurant in New jersey.Your reviews and favorite food .

Discussion in 'Indians in New Jersey' started by hemalathaK, Sep 21, 2011.

1. hemalathaK

hemalathaK Platinum IL'ite

That was an useful information usha.You mean the price for a single lunch buffet or for a single dish?

Where is that? Can you tell me?

2. writeme

writeme Silver IL'ite

Chand palace is in piscataway, in centennial ave. Opposite to walmart, asian food center etc. Weekly lunch buffet is around $12, week end I'm not sure. Its a pure veg restaurant.

3. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Hi Hema,

Sorry forget to mention, i was mentioning abt buffet.

Writeme, Oh 12$ on weekly, i went on weekend...in dessert they kept peanut chikku all it was different...we enjoyed all the items.

4. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

Tawa is a restaurant very close to Sukh sagar. Rasoi is another on Oaktree road. Both serve veg and nonveg in their buffet. Rasoi has about 3-4 nonveg and 3 veg curries. Both of them have good starters,desserts and I love them!

5. antiquesrinivas

antiquesrinivas New IL'ite

I have been in NJ all my adult life. All Indian resturants are the same. No one serves great food and they do not care either. Indians who work hard and do not want to cook at home go out to eat anyway and the resturants make their money. If we decide to get together and have a dinner party group where one person takes the respsiblity to cook and serve a fancy dinner that would be great. All memebers of the group will have a turn to find great recipes from different parts of India and host a party............

6. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Food my fav topic..
    1 Sukh sagar ..good food...
    2. Chand Palace.. Good buffet (pricey but good) I loved their spring rolls very much and their chocolate fountain as well)
    Above two are vegetarian
    3. Saravana Bhavan: Not a fan of it. Apart from being pricey; overcrowded they sometimes serve very patheic food sometimes. Once they served Porrota with potato bhaji (the one that usually accompanies poori).

7. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Non-veg
    1 Aroma Palace ; Montclair: If you like kerala food; I would suggest to visit this restuarant sunday lunch buffet. I love the food and the number of spreads also appeals me. Good variety of non-veg food (and veg as well). I have only been for sunday lunch buffets as only on that day they have kerala style food; and price cannot get any better. 10 bucks.

2. Hoysala : Good food and good service (on a weekday). we mostly go for weekday dinner in hoysala; on weekend it is overcrowded. Even on a weekday dinner buffet; the spreads are good and tasty. Veg selection is exceptionally good

3. Biriani house in stelton road : I like the biriani ; but the raita that accompanies it is horrible. But biriani compensates it ;) And if you are a kabab lover; never fail to get their "chicken malai kabab". It glides through the throat. I loved it... The buffet is fair enough; particularly for the price.8 bucks or so (they do not have biriani in buffet; though the name of restuarant is biriyani house;) . The veg selection for buffet is also quite good. I loved their bhindi fry and cauliflower curry... But their gulab jamuns (served for buffet; avoid)
    -Nitha

8. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Sukhadia's : Veg restuarant; below average; but they have good selection of sweets and namkeens

Bombay talk : If you are a "snacking family" it is good. I visited that place every thursday during my preggo time; for it bhature/noodles/manchurian..good one.. I love their falooda. Srvice is decent; not much space to sit

Akbar: I will dedicate another post to "bitch" about that place

Any reviews on delhi gardens????

9. hemalathaK

You have given so much information Nitha.Thanks a lot.Will remember these places and give a try.

Never tasted kerala food before.Not even once.Thought it will be very mild taste with slight sweet taste because of coconut.Is that true?.Will it be little spicy too?

Thanks Indu for mentioning the address and price of the buffet.Even I saw the good reviews in Google.Curious to see a variety of vegetarian food.Usually all the NV restaurants keep 10$ per buffet.So this extra 2$ is not going to make a big difference right?

Usha, peanut chikku, sounds different .tempting me to go there.Don't think that this girl is asking so many questions for a simple thing.LOL.I always love to eat greatand different food.he he.

10. hemalathaK

Friends, I visited Anjappar yesterday for dinner(not buffet) and liked their food much.Every item we ordered was delicious and we were absolutely satisfied by the taste.
    The food was neither too spicy, nor too mild , but a balanced one.
    Service was not too good tough, we had to wait for some one to come and take the order .
    But the restaurant was totally busy with no seats being empty at all.There was continious in flow of people even many american customers.
    But the food was little costly.A single item costs around 11.99$ and the food was also less .But her we can only expect this much.Some thing is better than nothing right?
    I would definitely recommend everyone to go there.