1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Urgent help required - Apartment Needed in New jersey Near to NYC

Discussion in 'Indians in New Jersey' started by letzbfriends, Oct 15, 2010.

1. letzbfriends

letzbfriends New IL'ite

Hi Ladies ,

We are moving to New jersey from Chicago. As we are completely new to this place, we have no idea about the apartments / area where to stay in with indian community.We are from A.P-India.

We are looking for 1 BHK .So it would be reallygreat on your part if any of you could please let me know the good area and the apartments name to stay in.

We have no kids as such. So no prerequisite of having schools near by.

The following are my prerequisites.
    1. My Husband works in New york so it should be easy for us to commute and nearer to NYC - I came to know about Jersey City .. But the apartment rents seems to be very high in this area and heard that the area or locality would be Untidy. Is it true?Please let me know if anyof you have any idea about apartments in good locality in Jersey city within $1250/ month 1 BHK and with Indians around.

2. Also i was told that East Rutherford, Hackenesack , secaucus,Wood rigde are some of the Area near by where Indians do stay, at the same time i was told that it is not much safe to stay in. -- Is it True ?
    Can you please let me know few apartment name in East rutherford , hackensack,secaucus, wood ridge area for 1 BHK within $ 1250 / month with Indians in and around and in good Locality.

3. Iselin, Edison, woodbridge,sayreville, were few areas which were mentioned in Indus ladies having good Indian Population. But it is far away from NYC. It usually takes 1.5 hr to travel from NJ to NYC. So i would like to take it as a Last option. So can anybody tell me good apartments names near by metropark station for 1 BHK within $800 - 950 / month.

4. Is it true that Newark is not safe for the Indians to stay in ? Does any Indians stay in Newark ?

Also if anyof you have any idea about any apartments other than above location please let me know the apartment names so that i can contact them and can move in there. we have to move to NJ by Nov 01 2010 .

:spinI'm really confused.:coffee

Please let me know the apartment names near by Jersey City, secaucus, East rutherford,Bloomfield,Hacknesack,Wood-ridge,Rahway,iselin,edison,newark etc for 1 BHK range : $800 - $1200 / permonth .

Atleast please let me know the areas and apartment names which i need to look in nearby NYC with good indian community and affordable rents.

Looking forward for your help.

Your help would be highly appreciated. :bowdown

2. writeme

writeme Silver IL'ite

Hi Dear..

Welcome to the North East!! Most of the Indians who work in NYC live in New Jersey. They commute to the city using NJ Transit trains. By now you might have done a research on these..

There are lots of indians who live in Jersey City due to its proximity to NYC. Its city life there, if you prefer it. Rents can be on the higher side, and being an urban area, crime rate too in comparatively high there. Still you find lots and lots of indians in jersey city, and there are many indian shops too.

Leaving Jersey City, and coming down south, its better to avoid Newark and Elizabeth as those are considered a bit unsafe regions. You'll find most of the indian population in Central Jersey, around Iselin, Woodbridge, Edison, New Brunswick, Piscataway areas. These areas are safer and have better and spacious apartments too. This year rents have gone up as the job market is booming following a recession. The major apartment management in this area is Middlesex Management, and their website is bestrentnj.com. Also keep looking at Craigslist because you find lots of condominiums available on rent in this area..

To name a few apartments in Woodbridge area are Gill Lane apartments, Woodbridge Terrace, Woodbridge Center Plaza, Green Hollow Plaza, Woodbridge Commons (condos), Sharon Gardens (condos) etc

I would also suggest you to check apartmentratings.com to read reviews about the apartments.

Hope other ladies in the area also would pour in their suggestions!!

Regards,
    Indu

Last edited: Oct 16, 2010
  3. divyarnair

divyarnair Silver IL'ite

Hi
    I stay at hackensack.My husband works in NYC and bus is available from just outside the apartment and takes around 35-45 mins to reach.I have found this area safe.There is a hospital nearby and police patrolling all the time.Rent ranges from 900-1150 in these area for 1BHK.check websites for apartments.

4. devips27

devips27 New IL'ite

Hi Divya,

Can u please suggest some apartments in Hackensack with more Indians?

Thanks,
    Devi.

5. priyavishwa

priyavishwa New IL'ite

Hi Divya,
    I am searching for apartments near Jersey city.How about the safety and indian community in hackensack?Could u pls suggest some apartments there?

Thanks
    Priya

6. sdevaras

sdevaras New IL'ite

Hi,
    I got married recently and we stay in jersey city.We are planning to move to Secaucus or weehawken as I heard that there are a lot of indian neighborhoods in these areas.
    Can anyone please suggest some good aprtments in the range of 1100 with a good indian community around.

7. Priya4oct

Priya4oct Gold IL'ite

I guess there is no better indian neighborhood in these places as compare to jersey city.

8. PR1234

PR1234 New IL'ite

Hello everyone,

I am moving to New jersey from Pittsburgh PA. We have no idea abt the apartments or area, where to stay in with Indian community. Just came across this post..
    We are also looking for 1 bhk. Can u Please help us out in this.?
    My Husband works in New york so it should be easy for us to commute and nearer to NYC.
    It should be safe with indian community around.
    We hv seen some of the apartments in jersey city (only two apartments were available in that building and we didn’t like those aprtmnts), fort lee (no indian community), edgewater (no indian community), Newark (no Indians).
    We are very confused since we have to mive there in last week of Jan 2014.
    Need your help asap, it would be better if you can provide the building name along with the area name.
    Waiting for ur reply.
    Your help would be highly appreciated.

9. s123a35

s123a35 New IL'ite

Hi PR1234 - I am staying in Rutherford heights apartment of East Rutherford, NJ. this is full of very friendly Indians. it has direct bus commute to NY port of authority. I am moving to other state due to my job, and vacating my one bedroom apartment. if you are interested, please reply so we can talk on phone. since I am moving in between, I am looking for someone else to moving in my apartment as per lease breakage rule.

10. s123a35

s123a35 New IL'ite

Hi PR1234 - I am staying in Rutherford heights apartment of East Rutherford, NJ. this is full of very friendly Indians. it has direct bus commute to NY port of authority. I am moving to other state due to my job, and vacating my one bedroom apartment. if you are interested, please reply so we can talk on phone. since I am moving in between, I am looking for someone else to moving in my apartment as per lease breakage rule.