1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Moving from Houston to ANDOVER Massachusetts... :-(

Discussion in 'Indians in Massachusetts' started by orchidss, Jul 9, 2011.

1. orchidss

orchidss New IL'ite

:hiyaHello everyone....I am moving from houston to Andover MA.. I am pretty scared about it. I am hearing the name of the City for the first time. Is there any one from Andover MA..
    Can anyone plese tell me, whether therz any Indian community over there. I dont know anyone and it seems like a small town....:drowning Can anyone tell me, best,safe place to live in Andover,,,may be suggest on some apartments.

Thanks in advance..

2. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Orchid,

The :( sign in your thread title got me here ! C'mon, MA isnt a scary city ! :) Relax. Look for websites like rent. com or sulekha for appartments in that place.. Andover is supposed to have very good schools. Once you zero on the appartments with your budget and priorities in mind then we could look for some friends for you there, Orchid ! Dont you worry.. Welcome to MA !

3. orchidss

orchidss New IL'ite

Hey Preethi...
    How r u doin...Thanks for the reply.. By Sept we should move to MA from Houston.. My husband works in Andover and we havent decided where to stay yet..I am thinking Boston would be better place to stay, as I can see some Indian faces and it has some colleges.. Can you please suggest me a place to live in Boston.. and do you know whether therz public transportion from Boston to Andover.

Thanks,
    Orchidss

4. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Orchids,

You could stay in Andover even. Boston could be a little expensive. The city is well connected with public transport. You can check the site mbta.com to know more about the public transportation ( train and bus ) here in MA. You will find Indians here and there ' everywhere ' ! :) Happy house hunting.. :)

5. apar_ram

apar_ram Silver IL'ite

Hi Orchid,
    Dont worry... Andover is a greaaat town in MA.School systems are excellent in the top 10. House prices are high. There is a huuuuge indian community there.They have a Chinmaya Maruthi temple in Andover. You will like Andover very much. North Andover is the next town which is not as expensive as Andover, where there are lot of indians as well. Let me know if you have specific questions related to andover.I have a couple of friends in that area and will find out. Massachusetts is a great place to live in. Only thing is since you are coming from houston you wont be accustomed to our cold winters. People are very warm!!! :)
    Aparna

2 people like this.
  6. g3k

g3k New IL'ite

Hi All,

Am now in a similar state as Orchid. Yeah, we are moving from Fort Collins, CO to Andover, MA by end of June. Have been hunting for apartments on the net for the last weeks but couldn't make up our minds on them as most of the places have bad reviews. Really confused on how to go about it. We have a 4 year old daughter and we wanted something close to a Pre-K available school. If any of you have some pointers on good apartments, kindly let me know. Appreciate your help..

-gayathri

7. deekshapradeep

deekshapradeep New IL'ite

Hi All

I am Deeksha and am moving to Andover in Oct 2013. I have a boy who is 4 and a girl who is 9. Please let me know if anyone know about baby sitter who can baby sit my kids for couple of hours after school. Also, is there any association I can become the member of and meet Indians ? Thanks in advance for your help

-Deeksha

8. BB0208

BB0208 New IL'ite

Hi Deeksha and Gayathri

I live in Reading, MA and it is pretty close to Andover. My husband actually works in Andover. I have kids around the same age too. I am looking to meet people with kids of the same age. Let me know if you want to meet up.

I just moved to Reading less than a year back, and am looking to meet new people. We are familiar with the area though and can help.

Thanks
    BB

9. sknew

sknew New IL'ite

Hi everyone,

we recently moved to north andover , Please let me know if anyone is living in north andover .i heard there is a huge indian community here in north andover may i know where exactly ​it is ?

10. MaliniHari

MaliniHari Gold IL'ite

Welcome to heaven! I am sure you can find good accommodation. Boston can be expensive. But all the towns are well connected by public transport, no worries. :)