Suggestion needed to stay in kl

Discussion in 'Indians in Malaysia' started by Gayathripattabi, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Gayathripattabi

Gayathripattabi Junior IL'ite

Hi frnz,

my husband got offer from a company, which is located in cyberjaya.
    we have 9 month old baby. i am [COLOR=#67B045 !important]home[/COLOR] maker. We are not aware of kl. so we dont have any idea about safety places to live. So frnz , suggest me where can we stay . planning to take condo . our concern is place should be safe and have hospital and shops as well easily connected with his workplace cyberjaya. We wont buy car there so obviously dependent on LRT or taxis.

Eagerly [COLOR=#67B045 !important]waiting[/COLOR] for your suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

1 person likes this.

2. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Gayathri,

If your husband is working in Cyberjaya, then its best to live in Cyberjaya.
    Please ask the company if there are any condos at walking distance. Then rent there since you won't be buying a car. Taxis for everyday office to and fro can become an expense.

If the condo is not at walking distance, then check with the company as they have designated buses to pick their employees from various locations. Check if that is at a walking distance from the house.

Hospitals and Shopping malls are there in cyberjaya, and you may use taxi for them as it will not be everyday travel. Usually the condos have convenience marts to buy the basic stuff.

LRTs are available in KL and connecting Cyberjaya. But there is only one stop for each town/city. So you still need to rely on Taxis/ cars. You cant compare the LRT like Singapore where you can just rely on it for travel..

1 person likes this.
  3. Gayathripattabi

Thk u preethi. What about safety in cyberjaya? because i heard there are lot of students and africans..... families stay is very less apidinu.. i dont know pa athan kekuren.. neenga enga irukinga??

4. preethiitech

Safety is the same everywhere in malaysia.just make sure you are super careful. And don't wear any single jewellery.. Then u r safe to go.

There are quite a lot of students in malaysia, especially condos in all areas. Just be careful.

We are in a diff area about 40kms from there.

5. oysterzzz

oysterzzz Gold IL'ite

We used to stay in malaysia. my DH used to work in cyberjaya and we took a house in puchong. it is a bit far and everyday he used to go on taxi. so my suggestion is to better look for a condo near by cyberjaya or KL. Since transport to KL are very frequent but lot of time waste. cyberjaya is a lonely place so most of them prefer KL only. even if u go by car to cyberjaya from KL it takes at least 1hr to reach. Since your kid is not going to school, you dont have to worry about school transport.

6. preethiitech

@oysterzzz

Are you still here in Puchong?

7. preethiitech

@Gayathripattabi

Popular residential options for people working in Cyberjaya:

Puchong, Seri Kembangan, Kajang.. They will have to travel atleast 1 hour one way.. And a car might be essential..Taxi will be expensive!

Some companies have chartered buses picking up employees from these areas every day..

1 person likes this.
  8. oysterzzz

oysterzzz Gold IL'ite

we r not in puchong any more. that area is not preferable also. at that time we were new to malaysia and were looking for an individual house, we thought since puchong was nearby cyberjaya, it would be better to stay in puchong rather than KL. but that was a mistake. the buses frequency was very less. most of the buses are only to KL and not to cyberjaya.

9. Gayathripattabi

thank u preethi and oysterzz. we are also thinking totake condo nearby cyberjaya.

10. Angel86

Angel86 Silver IL'ite

Cyberjaya has loads of condo/apartment units for working adults and their families available. try searching Malaysia's Largest Marketplace - Mudah.my for houses - but be careful - there are fraudsters as well. Do not pay anything till everything is 100% confirmed (with papers).