Anyone from Penang ?

Discussion in 'Indians in Malaysia' started by mallugal, May 7, 2008.

1. mallugal

mallugal Senior IL'ite

Hi Ladies Bow

Is there anyone from Penang ?? I am from India.. living here with my hubby. I have a 2 month old baby, so im not working right now. I just love Penang.. so calm and quiet place :)

Anybody else from Penang ?? Pls come forward :)

2. ezhill9

ezhill9 New IL'ite

hai,
    iam also from india.now in penang. I have 3 yrs old kid.house wife.

with smile

3. vashini

vashini Bronze IL'ite

Hi mallugal! I'm Malaysian from Penang! It's really nice to hear that you like Penang! I'm staying here since I born. Now working. But not all places in penang are quite! Most of the place have been developed as industries area and as busy as KL city! If u need any info regarding Penang. u can ask me! Nice to meet u. Tc!

4. sl_mate

sl_mate New IL'ite

hi, i am a pakistani lady and planning to move to penang for working as an english teacher in allianze college of medical sciences. they hav offered me a salary of 5500 malaysian ringits plus semi furnished residence. can anyone tell me if i'll b able to save some money in dis salary? v wud b two ppl, my mom n me. uzma

5. vashini

vashini Bronze IL'ite

Hi Uzma! That will be more than enough if you stay in Penang. You can save alot actually.

6. sl_mate

sl_mate New IL'ite

wow, thanks dear..can u tel me something abt cost of living. i am not planning to live a life of luxury, but wont mind a comfortable life!!! v r muslims n wud cook our food as my mom prefers home cooked food. wat abt getting a dishwasher n a washing machine..how much should i spend on dem? loved ur prompt reply...uzma:cheers

7. vashini

vashini Bronze IL'ite

Hi Uzma!

If only two of you I guess even if you spend RM1500 (as you say thay are giving hs for you. So I didn't plus the rental) more than enough. With that money you can pay electricity, water bill, and your food. I'm not sure about dishwasher as we rarely use it in Malaysia. For Washing Machine can get a nice one for RM700. Less or more than that also got. Depends on the spec you want. But if you plan your budget wisely, believe me you can save from that RM1500. Just nice for two of you. And you can save alot by cooking by yourself.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2008
  8. vashini

vashini Bronze IL'ite

Uzma if incase you need anymore information you can pm me. As sometimes I won't check on this forum.

Regards,
    Vashini

9. vashini

vashini Bronze IL'ite

10. sl_mate

sl_mate New IL'ite

tx a lot for da info u r sharing with me. way about the dress code? wat do indians and pakistani women wear and wat material? wud i need any warm clothing or just cotton and lawn dresses all the year round wud do? any tailors around in penang or shall i get my clothes frm pakistan? i'm asking so many questions, hope u dnt mind..luv ya:hide: