Staying Alone in Malaysia

Discussion in 'Indians in Malaysia' started by angel12, Aug 24, 2011.

1. angel12

angel12 Gold IL'ite

Hi all :hiya,

I am just starting of this new thread for those who stay alone and get bored.. lets introduce ourself... share our stories and make friends here :)...

I came to KL in Jun to join my husband whose working here in IT company.. Presetly he is on a one year contract till feb'2012... i got recently married... well mine is a love marriage...

Before marriage i was working ...so its a bit difficult these day to keep myself buzy...

we stay in a sharing apt here with his colleague and his family... They also came with us only here... Even though i stay wid them its difficult to make friends with them.. :( .. so feel like jst stuck up here :drowning... As only 5 more months are there for his contract i cant work.. so basically no friends, no work to keep me buzy...

so i decided to try my hand in cooking... though i have never cooked before... i tried out many reciepes from IL n they were amazing.. i try to surprise my husband every day and its an amazing experience....

So come on IL's lets share our experience and atleast have someone to talk to...

God Bless

2. shashiv

shashiv Gold IL'ite

Hai Angel,

Im Shanti from Ipoh... There are quite a nos of IL in Malaysia... We can always keep in touch. How was your day? Which part in Kuala Lumpur you are staying?

Cheers
    Shanti

3. angel12

angel12 Gold IL'ite

Hi Shanti :hiya:hiya

M in Kuala Lumpur... in WP area... the day jst started as usual... Cooking , cleaning... n all..

u say.. how are u.. ?? what to u do??

angel

4. shashiv

shashiv Gold IL'ite

Angle,

What's for cooking today? I am working and attached to heavy machinery organisation.. I had rice with karavathe sambal..you taken your lunch..How is Raya sale in KL?

Shanti

5. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi angel and shanti...

Nice thread... Angel, 5 months can go quickly, not to worry..

I am just finishing the days' work! Tired ...

So, what are your plans for the long holidays? How is shopping?

6. angel12

angel12 Gold IL'ite

Hi Shanti & Preethi...

Well the day was normal... jst completed cooking .. m preparing Aloo ka paratha today...

Well 5 months seems easy bt m staying in a house where there is a typicle housewife.. everyday complaining how her mother-in-law used to treat her.. so its gets damn boring...

Anyways i have started taking English tutions.. in my building there is one more Indian Family form North.. their son needed it so i opted for it... i generaly take tution from 3:30 pm-4:40pm... Jst trying to keep myself buzy....

Well what is this Raya Sale?? Where is it ??.. sorry Shanti no clue.. as havent got a chance to move around in this buzy festive season...

bt planning to go some where this weekend... And as far as these holidays are concerned.. i'll be here at home Enjoying some relaxing time... coz during holidays everything is jam packed....

What abt u guys ??

7. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

Hi Angel,
    I'm from KL too...well not technically. I live in Kajang which is about 20 minutes drive from KL but I work in KL-Brickfields to be more specific.

It's hard enough to stay with your own relatives sometimes. So I can understand how you would feel staying with strangers...especially one who is always complaining about her in laws ;-) But you have to take it in your stride I guess. Then again, you are only going to be here for another 5 months so hang on there, girl. All's well ends well.

Btw, Raya sale that Shanti and Preethi are talking about is the Hari Raya sale or Eid Mubarrak sale. Since Eid festival is less than a week away, there's bound to be good sale going on, especially in KL areas. My advice- don't plan to go anywhere near KL town this weekend. Since this is the last weekend before Eid, the traffic jam would be really bad and the shopping complexes would be packed. Try going at weekdays if you want to do your shopping.

Yours is a love marriage, you say? :) Care to share your love story with us? I always love hearing couples talk about their love stories :thumbsup

8. angel12

angel12 Gold IL'ite

Hey Sofea....

First of all beautiful name u've got ..... n i thot so that Raya sale is this Eid Sale... ok.. we i had to purchase some of the house stuff so i went to chowkit last weekend.. and the experience was horriable :rant...

Firstly no Vegetarian places tat we know of are there.. secondly i guess they sell lots of Second hand stuff der on the road side.. nyways i dint wasted time der.. jst went to the sabzi mandi to purchase the grocery...

n yes i can understand how jst staying wid relatives can be,.. they seem nice bt jst behind ur back you cant even imagine wats going on...

nyways m planning to go to the Jain Temple here this weekend.. i heard there is a Gujarati Jain temple here at Bangasar..dont knw much abt it though...Lets see if m able to locate it...

N for the love story its more of a Hindi film style...

i met my husband in a Gym.. we saw.. fell in love at tat exact moment.. then the problems started.. we dated for 2 years b4 marriage.. lot of problems from my parents side... cast issues... so we decided to to get married bt we dint tell at our home... Then wen he got an opportunity to come here i had to tell my parents coz i dint wanted to be away form him for 1 year... so finally i told them .. n lot of drama happend bt they accepted it.. n its been 7 months now n they are happy... n i'll be completing my 1 yr anniversary on 12 dec... so now all ok...

u say ?? wat abt u?? How ur life goes ??

9. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

Hehe, actually my name is Gayathri. Sofea is the name of a friend of mine. When I first registered here in Indusladies, I tried to register my real name but despite using many combinations, I couldn't. So I thought of using a different name. Sofea is the name that came to my mind then and I decided to use it here.:hide:

You went to Chow Kit?? Hehe, that's not a nice place at all. If you want to buy indian grocery stuff, the best place to go in KL is either Lebuh Ampang, Masjid India or Brickfields. You can get almost all the Indian grocery things in these places. Klang is another good option (I used to go there to do my Diwali shopping) but it's a little further from KL so you wouldn't want to go there to do your daily/weekly grocery shopping. On the other hand, if you want to buy household stuff, then the best place to go is either Bangsar Village or Midvalley. The prices are a little higher than the usual ones but they are of good quality.

Yes, I remember seeing a Jain temple in Bangsar. I think it's somewhere in Lorong Maarof, Bangsar. Not sure if it's still there though. You can check it out through google map.

Your story sounds more like Maniratnam's Alaipayuthey(Tamil) /Saathiya (Hindi):). Wow! Glad that everything has worked out well for you:thumbsup

About me, well, I'm the youngest in my family. I have 2 elder sisters...(and 2 younger sisters who are none other than Preethi and Shanti over here since they are bent on calling me akka:hide: ) Hehe. Anyway, both my sisters are married so it's only me and my mom at home now. I work in Brickfields as a lawyer thus, life for now is all about home, office and indusladies :))

10. angel12

angel12 Gold IL'ite

Tats ok.. Even i did the same.. my name is Chandni.. bt Angel is my "web name"...

After a few visits i understood tat... now m not planning to go der.. hehe... Will definately visit the places tat u mentioned.... n report it to u back...

Well i did googled it n the address is at Lorong Maarof.. Hope to find it.... bt later tmrw we are planning to go to Brickfield.. need to buy some indian stuff...

Yeh see i told u.. its a filmy story.. :)

Whenever next m in Brickfield i would luv to meet u....

an above all... i feel so happy connecting to all of u.. Thanks a ton to all three of you..

Preethi - My first friend here on IL ... thank you

Shanti - Thanks for sharing and replying on my thread.. this is the first time i've ever done this..

And

Gayathri - Lovely talking to you and knowing you..

Every morning i cant w8 to log in to IL jst to see all of ur Msgs.... I was feeling so lonely here n now i feel so great jst to reading your posts...

God bless you

Last edited: Aug 26, 2011