Indians in Rabigh

Discussion in 'Indians in Makkah Region' started by mfbtnuae, Jun 6, 2011.

1. mfbtnuae

mfbtnuae Senior IL'ite

Hello everybody,

My husband has an offer in Rabigh and has decided to take it. Does anybody know whether there are CBSE syllabus schools in Rabigh. Otherwise I have to stay in Jeddah (around 150kms). I am a Muslim so wearing burqa is not a big deal for me, but what about mobility? Is it true that Women cannot go out unaccompanied by men? not even to the local grocery store?

Please anybody clear my doubt.

Thank you

regards

Fathima

2. mfbtnuae

mfbtnuae Senior IL'ite

Hi again to those who have come to this post hoping somebody else has answered, Yes there is a school in Rabigh CBSE syllabus, Jabal Farasan International School, the principal is a very smart looking lady from uttaranchal, my daughter's joined the school and loving it there as the atmosphere is quite intimate with around 13 girls in her class. The teachers are mostly malayalees.

As for the differences b/n UAE & KSA, the most glaring difference is in the absence of people on the roads. I mean the climate is great here in Rabigh in the evenings , wonderful cool breezes, but there is no one outside enjoying it. I am living in an area where there there are more locals. In UAE in the same situatiion, you can see families with a mat and a folding chairs sitting around having gupshup and drinking kahwa. Children running around etc...

here nothing not even a ee kaakaa. But for the cars coming and going and the lights on at night it is like a deserted area.

And Rabigh is more beautiful than Jeddah.

3. sagardip

sagardip New IL'ite

Hello,

We are also in process of job offer at Aramco. My husbnad is thinking whether relocating with family or not? How is family life over there? Is there any Indian grocery stores, restaurant over there in Rabigh? I am sure there will lot in Jeddah.

Regards.

Hema

4. MTR

MTR New IL'ite

assalamu alaikum sister Fathima,
    my husband got an offer in kau. are u still living in rabigh? i would like to know about schools, medical facilities, and the life in rabigh..
    is it true that woman cannot go out with out husband?
    and is there any indian community apartments near the indian school?
    it would be helpful if u let me know the details .. thank u..
    assalamu alaikum Fathima

5. MTR

MTR New IL'ite

hai hema.. r u living in rabigh now? my husband got an offer in kau.. i would like to know the details about rabigh.. iam from coimbatore, living in malaysia.. i

6. MTR

MTR New IL'ite

hai.. r u still living in rabigh.. my husband got an offer.. i would like to know few details about rabigh.. my number 00601125558156. iam from india living in malaysia.. pls ping me via whatsapp if u can.. thank u