1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

New to irvine

Discussion in 'Indians in Los Angeles' started by rooby, Feb 22, 2015.

1. rooby

rooby New IL'ite

Hai im new to irvine..me and my husband have got an apartment at costa mesa..i have no idea on getting a cable,phone,internet. i don't know how to start this process of settling down..pls share ur experiences,do's and dont's,and put ur suggestions.And i 'm looking for a friend.its really boring being alone always..pls let me know if some one living in or near the cape apartments ,costa mesa.

:)

2. OCdesigirl

OCdesigirl Gold IL'ite

Hello,

You can get timewarner cable and they have packages with internet,tv and phone. Dish network is much better for indian channels but not everyone gets a signal on their patio. As far as making friends goes, it is easier to meet people in meetup groups as people in the groups are looking for friends. Don't get discouraged if people stare at you, and don't seem very friendly... it seems to be a trend for indians in OC, it can be tough to make indian friends here but it is possible.

hope this helps

Shobhna

3. rooby

rooby New IL'ite

Hi thanks for the suggestion shobhna..how about the price of timewarner..is it reasonable?..does this guys offer indian channels during installation?bcz our house is located in the bushy area..i dont think we wud get signal..so along with tv,cable,phone how much wud be the cost monthly?any idea?

4. OCdesigirl

OCdesigirl Gold IL'ite

Hello,

I pay around $150 for everything , they do have indian channels but i cut that because these days am not home to watch.

-Shobhna

5. rooby

rooby New IL'ite

thanks shobna.:)

6. quizzer

quizzer New IL'ite

Another option is to take good internet service like time warner or cox, get vonage or allvoi or ooma for international calls and dishworld for indian channels.

DishWorld - Watch Live International TV Instantly

Its the VOIP service of dishnetwork.

Let me know if you have any questions.

7. kalpanaparidas

kalpanaparidas New IL'ite

I will be moving to Irvine next month and I would like[FONT=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif] to know if any of you can recommend a good rent house or apartment which is good cost of living .
    i have son he is going junior high , which school is good since pre kg he studying private christen school in chicago schaumburg, i don't know much about public school, also good Indian community ,neighbors and stuffy store extra........
    [/FONT]
    Any help is much appreciated.
    Thanks
    Kalpanaparidas

8. hifiVi

hifiVi New IL'ite

Hi Shobhna,

You seem to be well informed and aware of the neighborhood in and around Irvine and I have seen you help many in the forum with information you know.
    I was hoping you could help me too.
    I will be moving to Irvine next month and I would like to know if you can recommend a good place for eyebrow threading,facial and also if you know of any good OBGYN.

Thank you .

9. usha2903

usha2903 New IL'ite

I'm moving to Irvine ?Anybody residing in Palmeras apartment ?

10. OCdesigirl

OCdesigirl Gold IL'ite

Hello,

eyebrow threading is goot at vinitas in tustin, they do facials too... as far as OBGYN goes it depends on your insurance. I have kaiser so i go to my GP for everything.