Wedding shopping in London

Discussion in 'Indians in London' started by Bride2be2015, Nov 21, 2014.

1. Bride2be2015

Bride2be2015 New IL'ite

Hello everyone!

I am currently living in Sweden. I am getting married at the end of next year and we're having a traditional Indian wedding. Since London is the closest city with a wide variety of Indian clothing, I was wondering if I could get some help/tips/suggestions & advice as to how to go about my wedding shopping in London.

I am looking to buy wedding sarees and wedding suits for myself and also my fiance's family. I am also wondering on whether there are shops in London that either make/sell readily-stitched sarees and also stitch saree blouses from scratch.

It would be incredibly helpful if you can help me out with the names, addresses and other contact details of boutiques/shops that offer an excellent variety of traditional Indian clothing for both men & women.

I am planning to make the trip sometime in June/July (the wedding is in December). How long a trip do you suggest I plan for all my purchases? I have a 4-6 days in mind. Is this enough?

Your help in incredibly appreciated. Thank you!

1 person likes this.

2. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

There are several indian regions in london
    punjabi - southall
    gujarati - harrow/ wembley
    Tamil - eastham
    and so on.

Southall has a huuuuuge(I really mean huge) selection of clothes and jewellery and party favours etc. I havent bought stuff myself and I'm unable to recommend anything but you could research further online, ring the shops up and find out what's availabkr. If you need anything stitched/ custom made, you might want to check up how long that might take. You might want close to a week - to look around, compare and purchase.

3. sripree

sripree Gold IL'ite

Congrats on your wedding! Yes you can definitely do wedding shopping in London.

There are three places that are great for wedding shopping

1. Ilford Lane
    2. Green Street
    3. Whitechapel

There will be plenty of choice for you in these three places.

Apart from these wedding-specific shopping districts, you will also find shops in Southall, Eastham, Tooting and Wembley.

All the best!

4. Bride2be2015

Bride2be2015 New IL'ite

Thank you so much guesshoo & sripree :) I am so grateful for your help. I will definitely browse around as much as I can online. I am guessing I'll have to make a few calls before I make the trip. I am hoping about a week should be enough. Hope you are having a nice day!